Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-02-28, 01:21 PM
Regular User

Default House shaking Mon-Friday

Anyone else in Riverside South feel their house shaking all the time with the construction? It's been almost 2 years of daily rumbles. Anything to worry about? They sent Engineers to look at the house when they did the blasting but it feels like an earthquake multiple times per day. I don't remember this with my other new build.
Old 2019-02-28, 03:32 PM
Regular User

I'm on Carnelian and I think some of it is from the ice breaking they did on this street. They were using a construction digger and you could feel the aftershock when it was breaking the ice.

Don't forget also that they are starting to dig on the corner of Ralph Hennessy and Earl Armstrong for the Jazz condos.
Old 2019-02-28, 07:08 PM
Regular User

I've been off work for the last month so I'm really feeling it. They are building behind my house too but the mirror actually has fell off the wall.
Old 2019-03-01, 12:18 AM
Regular User

we do feel the same during Mon-Fri due to Tomlinson’s excavator digging around (new built homes) and ice scrapping on the roads. Due to this we see hairline cracks in almost all rooms between wall & ceiling. Builder suggested to do caulking in between.
Old 2019-03-01, 01:15 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebuyer_2017 View Post
we do feel the same during Mon-Fri due to Tomlinsonís excavator digging around (new built homes) and ice scrapping on the roads. Due to this we see hairline cracks in almost all rooms between wall & ceiling. Builder suggested to do caulking in between.
That's terrible. It's not like it's just a little tremor either, it's fully on shaking where things fall off the walls. Is your basement completely finished too?