Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2005-06-13, 02:32 PM
Regular User

Default Any Great Gulf Updates?

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone gone for their first structural appointment yet for their purchased great gulf home on Main?

Also I heard the roads will be accessed in September so we'd actually be able to drive in the neighborhood of course it wouldn't be paved.

Do you think the Great Gulf Homes will be delayed next year?
Old 2005-06-14, 08:26 AM
Regular User

We went to the sales office a couple of weeks ago for an update on the neighbourhood. They told us that they hope to have their permits in Sept. or Oct/05. Once they have the permits they will start building. If they keep that timeline then the sales office felt the neighbourhood will be on time. The other builders in the neighbourhood gave their buyers earlier closing dates initially, but are now pushing them back to match GGH.

I think once the developer is done their work, GGH should be on time. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John
Old 2005-07-14, 01:10 PM
Regular User

I spoke to a representative from the Town of Whitchurch Stouffville's planning department yesterday. He said the sewer project is 77% complete and is on target for projected Sept. 2005 completion. Once that part is done, the builders can obtain their permits and begin building our homes.

This is great because when we signed our deal back in March 2005, GGH told us that they hoped to have the permits in the fall of 2005. If they had the permits by that time, the closing dates would probably be on time.

GGH have also said that as Lebovic owns the land and GGH and Mattamy are the developers, all of the permits would be given at the same time, rather than one area of land before the other. This is because Lebovic are deloping the entire piece they own at one time. The rep. from the planning department confirmed this.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this little piece of news of all of you.

Have a great summer!

Old 2005-07-14, 09:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Linda
I spoke to a representative from the Town of Whitchurch Stouffville's planning department yesterday. He said the sewer project is 77% complete and is on target for projected Sept. 2005 completion. Once that part is done, the builders can obtain their permits and begin building our homes.
Hey John & Linda,

thanks for the update...good info.

just wondering if you guys knew whether or not the grading of the lots was availble yet from the Town? or do we have to wait until the project is completely finished?

I'd like to get an idea of whether or not our lot will allow for a door from the garage to the house...and also, how much out lot will be sloping in the backyard (we were already told that we would be getting a 4'x8' deck since the grade will be more the maximum allowable steps)
Old 2005-07-15, 07:49 AM
Regular User

Hi,

I've read that some of the people from the Mattamy site have gone to the Town of Whitchurch Stouffville office to look at the plans. We are on holidays for the next 2 weeks and as we will be around from time to time, we are going to drop by the town office and see if the grading plans are available.

We'll let you know what we find out.

Old 2005-07-15, 12:29 PM
Regular User

Hey John and Linda,

Thank you so much for the update, we'll keep everyone posted if I hear anyting further as well.
I do know that early August we'll know what cabinets GGH is going with.

I have a stupid question and I'm not sure if you know this or not but I was reading on another form a few weeks ago and I hear through GGH when you pick your colour of paint for the walls, the trim is painted the same color? Is this true, I never bothered asking when I went to the decor centre a few months ago because I thought it would be normal for all the trim to be painted white?
I'm not sure if this is another way of GGH trying to make some money but I also heard some of the other buliders do the same too but they did not mention which ones.
I'm a little worried because the person who mentioned it said it was GGH bought not in Stouffville, I believe in Brampton.
The website that said this was newhomesreviews but the forum is no longer working.
Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks everyone,
Rob
Old 2005-07-15, 01:59 PM
Regular User

Hi Rob,

According to the GGH Decor Centre, you have a choice of several different builder paint colours for your walls. Whatever colour you choose for the walls, they paint the trim in the same colour. If you want to have a different colour for the trim then the walls, it is around $500 extra for the whole house. :?

I don't think we want the trim to be anything other than white, so we may have the entire house painted white. I'm not sure it is worth it to pay them to do the 2 different colours.

Oh well, I guess we have a while before we have to decide.

Old 2005-07-15, 03:52 PM
Regular User

Thanks for clearing up the paint issue in the home.
So have you decided on what upgrades you'll be going with in your home?

We won't be doing much upgrades considering it's our first home and were also getting married 2 months later.
Just the basics:
- Garage door entrance
- Cold Cellar
- Underpad only for 2nd floor (were putting in hardwood after closing)
- Oak staircase unstained (were staining the staircase to match our hardwood after closing)
- A couple extra outlets/phone jacks here and their
- Considering the extended cabinets on top of the fridge
- Extra paint cost for the trim being white

That's about it from what I can think at the top of my head right about now.
I wouldn't actually mind if our house is pushed an extra month because as of now, I will have the house 2 months prior to marriage.
Old 2005-07-15, 04:02 PM
Regular User

well, i figure i'll jump into this conversation about upgrades too

so far we're getting the following:

- first upgrade kitchen cabinets
- door to garage
- upgraded underpadding (2nd or 3rd) and possibly the 1st upgrade on the carpet
- rough-in bath in the basement
- solid front door (instead of the half glass that comes standard)...this is actually not a upgrade, since it can be done at no extra cost
- change the marble surround for the fireplace to the black colour, instead of the grey/black tiger looking design, which we don't care for, that comes standard

that's it that i can think of at the moment...but i'm sure there will be others.

and Firsttimebuyer, we in a similar boat as you...this is our first house and we are only getting married after the current August closing date (but our wedding will be about 8 months later :shock: ) so the more that date gets pushed back, the better for us...more time to save!
Old 2005-07-18, 08:50 AM
Regular User

Ggweci,

So your in the same boat that we are!
I don't want to go crazy either with the upgrades as were doing a little work after the house is closed and of course all the extra's like central vac, alarm, garage door openers, etc. It never ends but it's all worth it at the end!
Can't wait to get to know the neighborhood, seems like a younger neighborhood from talking to some of the people in the office when we originally purchased the home back in March.
If anyone has any updates with the buliding permits, cabinet company, etc. Just post it and I'll keep everyone up to date as well.

Rob