Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-02-22, 01:40 PM
Regular User

Question Interlock patio

Hi all,

Can any one recommend a contractor/company that can do interlock patios?
Old 2012-02-22, 06:18 PM
Regular User

We highly recommend Let's Landscape. They did ours last fall. PM me if you want more specifics.
Old 2012-02-22, 11:21 PM
Regular User

Default Landscaper

www.outdoorlifestyles.ca
Old 2012-03-13, 03:12 PM
Regular User

Anyone heard of Duralock? The quote I got from them was lower than some others... and they have pretty good reviews on Homestar. Comments?
Old 2012-03-13, 06:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixw View Post
Anyone heard of Duralock? The quote I got from them was lower than some others... and they have pretty good reviews on Homestar. Comments?
Have a look at this.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/inter...ralock-422263/
Old 2012-03-14, 09:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielboy View Post
Thanks... I just cancelled my appointment with them.... better be safe than sorry...
Old 2012-03-15, 07:38 AM
Regular User

Has anybody got photos of what they had done to their backyards? With space being limited, I'm really stuck for ideas.
Old 2012-03-15, 06:40 PM
Regular User

I don't have pictures yet, but if you send me a pm I can email you the plans we had done for ours.
Old 2012-03-29, 03:56 PM
Regular User

Debs - I'm glad you're happy with the work you had done from Lets Landscape, but how did you find dealing with them in general?

We just had the owner of Lets Landscape come by for what we thought would be a consultation. He was almost an hour late (but to be fair, his office called us and said he was running behind). When he got here, he asked to come inside and talk about what we wanted. When I described things to him he asked how much we were willing to pay. I said I know that when I booked the consultation we had to be okay with at least 5K but we're not sure what our ideas will run. He basically said that 5K won't get us far. He then walked through the house to the patio door and I described what I wanted there and he said that "ballpark" just the patio alone would be X amount. He really resisted actually writing down what we wanted and giving us an actual quote. He said "when you're serious about doing it and can commit to me we can come out and do a drawing until its what you want".

We've had two other quotes, so will choose between one of them. I was pretty turned off, although I'm sure they do good work as they seem to be a big company - but I'm not sure why we had to commit for him to draw us something. He didn't even walk outside and look at our backyard or front...

Our plans for front and back are pretty substantial and we'd be building on the work every year, so we want a reputable company but I wasn't impressed by his attitude towards us.
Old 2012-03-29, 05:20 PM
Regular User

Default interlock quotes

We got several quotes for an interlocking patio, walkway, and steps, and one of them was Let's Landscape Together. It was a very professional appt. and he was on time. We would have liked to have hired them, but their quote was double compared to the quotes from the other companies. We got quotes from Duralock, Sur-Loc Interlocking, Cedar Springs, and Focus on Landscapes.