Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2014-02-11, 11:29 AM

Default Charliner

My son has just purchased the Parkside model and wondering how those who bought it solved the linen closet issue on second floor? All other models have linen closet but none in the Parkside. He asked that they do put one in by modifying the bathroom and the 4th bedroom closet but it will make the bathroom smaller . Wondering if others have a better idea .
Also he wants to have a half wall from the Lr/Dr to the family room for more light. Has anyone else done that and how does it look?. They seem to charge a lot for these little extra.
Would appreciate any info that anyone may have. Are you all happy with your homes and the builder?
Thank you.
Old 2015-02-02, 05:27 PM

Default Questions re Alcona by the Lake

Hi. New forum member, looking at buying in Alcona by the Lake from Country Homes. Just wondering if anybody already into a house at the site has any info/feedback they'd be willing to give me: house quality, happy with builder, does builder respond when things need fixing, how is local public school, any kids around neighbourhood, etc. etc. Thanks very much.
Old 2019-04-10, 02:21 PM
Regular User

Default Stair Company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwr View Post
Overall I'm very happy with the house. If deficiencies come up, you have to just keep at them to get it done, otherwise you wait a long time. We finally got some repairs done to the flooring the last week of September. The rest of the issues with the hardwood - moving, shifting, creaking when you walk on them - I was told is an issue with the subfloor, which the builder has to fix. Peter, the man I dealt with from the flooring people, was amazing and took care of issues with the boards themselves. He takes pride in his work and is meticulous. He was the one who informed me of what the reset of the problems were caused by (subfloor) and that the builder is responsible. We are coming up on our one-year with Tarion so it will for sure be added onto that.
Hi KRWR, would you have the details for the staircase company by any chance?. Would Peter be the right person to contact?. I have a creeking staircase and need it looked at. Thanks.