Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2009-07-15, 09:07 AM
Regular User

Default Summerlyn Village - Bradford - GGH

Hi there, I signed up a few weeks ago and have been reading for a while and finally decided to start a thread.

Has anyone bought a home in the Summerlyn Village in Bradford Thru Great Gulf Homes? We purchased a semi in March and are super excited. Our closing date is March 2010 but I was already told that the latest the house will be ready is January 2010. YUPEEEEE. We've driven by the lot several times and they have already started construction.
Old 2009-07-20, 10:16 AM
Regular User

We went by the lot again yesterday and the framing is almost done! Yay, it's starting to look like a house now.
Old 2010-03-24, 06:46 AM
Regular User

We recently purchased in Summerlyn with a close around May 2011. I am making the move from Brampton. Currently I work in North York around 400/401 and am wondering how the commute has been for anyone moving there. Any comments?
Old 2010-03-24, 07:35 AM
Regular User

Congratulations on your new purchase! I love my new house and Bradford.
I drive my son to my moms house who lives in Rexdale everyday. I take the 400 to the 401 and exit on Weston Rd and it takes me 30 minutes during morning rush hour. To be honest with you I was very scared of the commute at first but it's not bad at all.
Which model did you buy?
Old 2010-03-24, 04:11 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH82 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! I love my new house and Bradford.
I drive my son to my moms house who lives in Rexdale everyday. I take the 400 to the 401 and exit on Weston Rd and it takes me 30 minutes during morning rush hour. To be honest with you I was very scared of the commute at first but it's not bad at all.
Which model did you buy?
Thats a relief! We are getting a Chicory 36' -- can't wait! Loved the way everything is so close to the subdivision. We can walk anywhere and everywhere we would possibly want to go!
Old 2010-03-26, 08:25 AM
Regular User

they are opening so many new stores as the comunity is growing and they are all close by. The people in Bradford are amazing and I love the fact that you can go to Walmart on a Saturday afternoon and only wait 3 to 5 minutes in line
What lot number did you get? I'm in a semi lot 177L on Summerlyn Trail.
Old 2010-03-27, 06:58 PM
Regular User

We are on the soon to be Blue Dasher Blvd. -- What I like is the people in the area, how close everything is (you really don't need a car) and nice big backyards just like when I was a kid!
Old 2010-05-24, 09:00 PM

We're on Blue Dasher Blvd as well, and so far we absolutely love it up here. My husband and I moved up here from Thornhill, and before that we were in Pickering. Everyone up here is just so much nicer, and doesn't seem to be as rushed all the time.
Old 2010-06-08, 09:31 PM

Red face Summerlyn Upgrades

Anyone has bought or is buying in S.Village- I'd like to know about your ideas and experiences on upgrades ...

We are planning on buying there and want to know our best options for upgrades...

Does anyone have the Maple? ...
Old 2010-06-08, 09:46 PM
Regular User

Upgrades are upgrades I have compared with other friends and some upgrades are cheaper with GGH vs. other builders like Mattamy, while others are more expensive. The upgrades we are planning on doing are the hardwood floors on all of main, all oak stairs, 200amp service, granite fireplace surround, and glass shower in master, and 9-ft ceilings on the main floor which includes larger windows and kitchen cabinets.

After reviewing the "standard features" at the Bradford location, I am quite surprised to find that many things are included in the house that are upgrades with other builders/in other areas. Friends in Milton paid extra for gas fireplace, low e-glass, eves troughs, 4.25" baseboards, full closet doors, etc.

We haven't had our decor appointment yet but have been to the center to look at what is available and have the price list for our model.