Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Newmarket

Newmarket All communities starting and established in Newmarket

Old 2014-04-01, 01:05 PM
Regular User

So I just got off the phone with the National Homes rep asking about their floor plans. I have an appointment for Sunday but they have not released floor plans nor the site plan yet. I was told they are not releasing the floor plans until the day of and only to those people who had a confirmed appointment to the vip preview Sunday. So I asked, "so then we can swing by first thing in the morning to get the floor plans to have time to review?" and she said no, you're given the floor plans 5 minutes before your appointment so you have "time" to review and that's it.

So I asked her to repeat it because I was sure there was something I was missing in that conversation, but no, what I've written above is exactly what they are doing. So I told her "respectfully, do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? You want people to spend over half a million to three quarters of a million dollars and you're going to give them 5 minutes to review the floor plans and the lot sizes?????? How can you do that with a decent conscience?" And her response was "Easy...that's the way the builder wants it". So I told her she could go ahead and cancel my appointment as I wouldn't be attending.

There's something incredibly shady about asking people to come with a book of blank cheques, have 5 minutes to review floor plans, have zero time to do their own research, and then spend a ton of money and for that offer to be FIRM.

Again, I respect many will not feel the same way and if you do decide to purchase at Stonehaven, I sincerely wish you the best of luck and prosperity with your home purchase. BEFORE anyone purchases, I just wanted to give a head's up on what is happening.
Old 2014-04-01, 01:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlea129 View Post
So I just got off the phone with the National Homes rep asking about their floor plans. I have an appointment for Sunday but they have not released floor plans nor the site plan yet. I was told they are not releasing the floor plans until the day of and only to those people who had a confirmed appointment to the vip preview Sunday. So I asked, "so then we can swing by first thing in the morning to get the floor plans to have time to review?" and she said no, you're given the floor plans 5 minutes before your appointment so you have "time" to review and that's it.

So I asked her to repeat it because I was sure there was something I was missing in that conversation, but no, what I've written above is exactly what they are doing. So I told her "respectfully, do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? You want people to spend over half a million to three quarters of a million dollars and you're going to give them 5 minutes to review the floor plans and the lot sizes?????? How can you do that with a decent conscience?" And her response was "Easy...that's the way the builder wants it". So I told her she could go ahead and cancel my appointment as I wouldn't be attending.

There's something incredibly shady about asking people to come with a book of blank cheques, have 5 minutes to review floor plans, have zero time to do their own research, and then spend a ton of money and for that offer to be FIRM.

Again, I respect many will not feel the same way and if you do decide to purchase at Stonehaven, I sincerely wish you the best of luck and prosperity with your home purchase. BEFORE anyone purchases, I just wanted to give a head's up on what is happening.
So we won't even have a few days to do legal reviews? That's kind of stupid on builders part. But I guess there are much more blind (I don't want to say dumb) buyers out there. Sigh!!!
Old 2014-04-01, 01:28 PM
Regular User

Quote:

Thanks, from what I can tell, this is the norm now, as I said before I think its just an attempt to build urgency. Im planning on attending my appointment (it is only a minute or so away) knowing that this is the approach Ill probably go for information and think about it as needed, returning at a later date.

P.s. the site plan is in an earlier external link.

Last edited by dix; 2014-04-01 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added p.s.
Old 2014-04-01, 01:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix View Post
Thanks, from what I can tell, this is the norm now, as I said before I think its just an attempt to build urgency. Im planning on attending my appointment (it is only a minute or so away) knowing that this is the approach Ill probably go for information and think about it as needed, returning at a later date.

P.s. the site plan is in an earlier external link.
Hey dix, thanks, yes I saw the site plan but I called the town and spoke to a really nice man about information regarding something else and we got on the topic of the site plan that was submitted and he mentioned that there was a revision submitted not long ago. So I asked if it was significant, and he said for some lot sizes, yes it was, and it looked like the mix of homes was going to be different as well (ie not where it is on original plan). They also proposed to "remove" some lots. He didn't have any information on the status and whether any or if only some of that was approved and I asked if that was the reason for their delay in opening (because they were waiting on city approvals) and he said yes partially. I didn't want to mention that beforehand because I hate posting "heresay" but I guess it's worth mentioning in case it is in fact true.

I also managed to get my hands on some grading info for their lots...I'll post that pic when I can.
Old 2014-04-01, 03:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hey dix, thanks, yes I saw the site plan but I called the town and spoke to a really nice man about information regarding something else and we got on the topic of the site plan that was submitted and he mentioned that there was a revision submitted not long ago. So I asked if it was significant, and he said for some lot sizes, yes it was, and it looked like the mix of homes was going to be different as well (ie not where it is on original plan). They also proposed to "remove" some lots. He didn't have any information on the status and whether any or if only some of that was approved and I asked if that was the reason for their delay in opening (because they were waiting on city approvals) and he said yes partially. I didn't want to mention that beforehand because I hate posting "heresay" but I guess it's worth mentioning in case it is in fact true.

I also managed to get my hands on some grading info for their lots...I'll post that pic when I can.

Do you happen to know the depth of the typical lots? Copper Hills' lots are only 86' deep which is kind of shallow
Old 2014-04-02, 09:11 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by s16 View Post
Do you happen to know the depth of the typical lots? Copper Hills' lots are only 86' deep which is kind of shallow
The lots for StoneHaven by National are pretty big, the depths are 100 feet to 200 feet.
Old 2014-04-04, 03:33 PM
Regular User

So I just got the email with the designs for the Stonehaven models. I guess it's off to Plan C because those homes, besides being ridiculously overpriced, are just UGLY. They literally ALL look the same. Some homes, I kid you not, look like the stucco part is blue. I know I'm repeating myself, but they seriously all look the same. I'm so disappointed.

And the prices??
35' homes: from $570's to mid $600's
40' homes: from $700's to low $800's
50' homes: from mid $800's to $1 Million

So much for their "from the $500's to $800's".

Did I mention they were just plain ugly? They are the most expensive yet. Yes, their lots are bigger, but don't forget you will be paying a HEFTY lot premium on top of these prices because their lots are bigger. PLUS, you're backing onto a large industrial complex. If they were beautiful homes, I'd glance twice but it literally looks like homes you would find in a 30 year old subdivision.

Plan C......
Old 2014-04-04, 06:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
So I just got the email with the designs for the Stonehaven models. I guess it's off to Plan C because those homes, besides being ridiculously overpriced, are just UGLY. They literally ALL look the same. Some homes, I kid you not, look like the stucco part is blue. I know I'm repeating myself, but they seriously all look the same. I'm so disappointed.

And the prices??
35' homes: from $570's to mid $600's
40' homes: from $700's to low $800's
50' homes: from mid $800's to $1 Million

So much for their "from the $500's to $800's".

Did I mention they were just plain ugly? They are the most expensive yet. Yes, their lots are bigger, but don't forget you will be paying a HEFTY lot premium on top of these prices because their lots are bigger. PLUS, you're backing onto a large industrial complex. If they were beautiful homes, I'd glance twice but it literally looks like homes you would find in a 30 year old subdivision.

Plan C......
Hello,

Do you think its possible if you can post the link to the home designs?

Or if you can forward me the email (if it does not contain any of your personal info)?

Thanks
Walter
Old 2014-04-04, 06:56 PM
Regular User

I tried forwarding the message to someone else and also to my husband's email and they come out blank. There are A LOT of models, but honestly you're not missing anything.

When I get home I'll try and post snapshots of the homes, but I'll have to wait until I get to my computer to do it
Old 2014-04-04, 06:58 PM
Regular User

See if this works:

The 35' models
http://nationalhomes.com/assets/pdf/...25080023079056

The 40' models

The 50' models

Let me know if the links work