Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-11-04, 01:32 PM
Regular User

Default Popcorn Ceiling Repair

Hello, I have a small patch on my popcorn ceiling that was damaged due to a water leak. The area is about 10 by 2 inches. Does anyone have a recommendation for a contractor who can do a decent job to try to blend the patch to the rest of the popcorn ceiling?
Old 2014-11-04, 01:55 PM
Regular User

can you post a pic of the patch? how to do it, and who you need, depends on what you have.
Old 2014-11-04, 04:03 PM
Regular User

Usually they recommend shooting the whole ceiling again since you will see the blend.
Old 2014-11-05, 09:56 AM
Regular User

Sorry OrleansMom, if you want it done so you never see the patch job or can't tell at all, you will have to smooth out the whole ceiling and reapply the popcorn (or just keep it smooth and repaint!) I have never ever seen a popcorn patch done where it has blended so well you can hardly tell.
Old 2014-11-05, 10:50 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrleansMom View Post
Hello, I have a small patch on my popcorn ceiling that was damaged due to a water leak. The area is about 10 by 2 inches. Does anyone have a recommendation for a contractor who can do a decent job to try to blend the patch to the rest of the popcorn ceiling?
I had a similar problem a few years before. All I did was to buy the popcorn ceiling paint spray from Home Depot and sprayed on the damaged area, blending as much as I could. It was not that much visible. Just recently we got the house painted and got the ceiling painted as well. The patch is gone 100%. Hope that helps.
Old 2014-11-05, 11:28 AM

I found using popcorn spray for a small area can be very messy, I ended up
spraying the popcorn mix into a small pail and apply the patch area using a paint brush.
Old 2014-11-05, 11:47 AM
Regular User

Behr makes a popcorn paint that you can apply with a sponge. Fairly inexpensive and should do what you want it to do.

Sponge
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/dyna...-sponge/978756

Paint/Popcorn
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/prem...sh-758l/912801

Not sure if they sell a smaller size. My wife did an entire ceiling by hand with the sponge and it looked pretty good. Renting a sprayer and then paying the cleaning charge doesn't make sense for the size you are looking at imo
Ex-Minto Homeowner
Old 2014-11-08, 10:56 AM
Regular User

Agree on sponge type product for a smaller area like that.