Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2015-04-26, 09:34 AM
Regular User

Default 2015 Fence thread

Hello,

Time of that year again for doing work outside. There are about seven properties in our neighborhood doing fence, PVC.

Any recommendations? I have gone through some of the previous years' threads and found some recommendations as well as bad or mixed reviews.

Any homeowners who just completed a contract? What are the prices like this season?

TIA.
Old 2015-05-22, 07:53 AM
Regular User

My neighbourhood (in Trailwest) has been booming with fence installs, though it's all pretty much the same guy doing 20-30 houses so far. It's Neil Morisson, he does Cedar fence and from what I remember he has the best price for cedar.
I'm myself actually looking more for post and supply....Neil did my last fence, it was good, though after I moved I drove back and noted after the winter some of the posts shifted....according to my handyman friend (who was there for the install), they didn't dig down enough?
I'm getting a quote from Kanata fencing soon...I guess it would just depend on what community you live in, maybe ask your neighbours who have fences, see who they went with, then call for a quote and maybe you might ask if they do discounts for repeat business in your community?
---------------------------------------------------
Valecraft: Marseilles II End - Trailwest
June 12, 2014

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Caivan: Series 1, Plan 2
June 4, 2020