Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-07-17, 11:51 AM
Regular User

Default Empire renos

Anyone else have issues with their delay of work start? We were told that they would start in end of June when we signed on with them in April..... they still haven't started the work. Every week I call them they keep saying they will start next week.it's like they just want to brush me off...... very regret getting them. But I kinda have no choice now as the majority of the block has signed on with them.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:13 PM
Regular User

No delay, and the work is great! Sorry this is happening, but the only 'delay' we had was the heat, as temps were in mid 40's when our fence was done. The guys still worked, but a lot slower than usual, but I totally understood. Maybe they'll actually start next week, good luck.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:04 PM
Regular User

We had an agreement with them to do our whole block as well. We talked to them sometime in the spring but they were booked. They ended up doing 1 corner fence at one end, then a couple weeks later did a few houses down at the opposite end with the promise of finishing the block later. Their delay prompted a bit of a fence war with another guy who talked others into going with him. Now I'm having 1/3rd of my fence done by the independent and 2/3rds done by Empire. Not exactly the smoothest of negotiation or how I pictured it going down when we first all agree'd with Empire.

If Empire hadn't of dragged their feet they could have done the entire block, but in the words of Empire they don't seem to be hurting for business so they're not really being as prompt with start/finish dates as a more professional company may have been.

I've been told they'll be back and starting the work sometime the week of the 23rd so we'll see if that gets pushed back as well...
Old 2012-07-17, 07:42 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveTheVolga View Post
I've been told they'll be back and starting the work sometime the week of the 23rd so we'll see if that gets pushed back as well...
Week of 23rd? I talked to Fil and he said he'll start with our survey work this sat and the fence right after.... kind of conflicting dates with your block? I think they are just playing games and get as many deposits as possible and then just let you wait....f'ing bad decision going with this company. I hope I'll get my fence before the fall....
Old 2012-07-17, 09:24 PM
Regular User

He called our area a side-project because it's really only 1 1/2 houses worth of fence line he'll be doing. I think he was going to tie us in with people close to us so maybe you're the block he was talking about.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:05 AM
Regular User

That's their problem.... they keep adding "side projects" and keep pushing back their "main projects"...they should just work on projects as they get they get them....
Old 2012-07-19, 12:49 PM
Regular User

If your un-happy, ask for your deposit back, and go with a different contractor. I am sure they won't have an issue, as they have ample work in AV. But seeing as you've got a few neighbours involved, that might pose a problem.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:05 PM
Regular User

reading a thread from last year, it sounds like empire renos has had it's fair share of complaints including "some disagreements come final payment":

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...pire+renos+hst
Old 2012-08-07, 10:33 AM
Regular User

Just saw this thread now. We're on Steeplechase and Empire did our whole street earlier this summer. Absolutely no complaints. We were one of the first jobs though - maybe they bit off more than they could chew this summer? Either way, we were very pleased with the fence quality, level of service and price (including no billing issues).
Old 2012-08-08, 01:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr View Post
Just saw this thread now. We're on Steeplechase and Empire did our whole street earlier this summer. Absolutely no complaints. We were one of the first jobs though - maybe they bit off more than they could chew this summer? Either way, we were very pleased with the fence quality, level of service and price (including no billing issues).
echo CMR +1