Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-08-27, 09:59 AM
Regular User

i have never been a Bell customer but is that something worth considering vs the various cable based ISPs?

thanks.
Old 2019-08-29, 10:22 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolk23 View Post
i have never been a Bell customer but is that something worth considering vs the various cable based ISPs?

thanks.
We went with Bell for our new build in Blackstone. Because of Fibre to the Home option, we wanted to take advantage of the 1000mbps upload/download speeds available to us.

I managed to find a deal on RedFlagDeals and I'm paying $99 a month + tax for 2 years and it includes home phone, 4K tv, and bell fibe 1.5gb speeds.
Old 2019-08-29, 10:30 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolk23 View Post

thanks.
If you are in a new build, you are likely fibre to the home, in which case your only options are Bell and Rogers, both of which have fibre to the home and will offer similar speeds.

Cable based ISPs won't be an option as you won't have cable.
Old 2019-08-29, 10:34 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
If you are in a new build, you are likely fibre to the home, in which case your only options are Bell and Rogers, both of which have fibre to the home and will offer similar speeds.

Cable based ISPs won't be an option as you won't have cable.
I have cable options. Teksavvy services to my home. They just donít offer FTTH, only cable.
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM
Regular User

Have people started to move into this neighborhood yet? Some of the closing dates are very near.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Regular User

I visited the site this past weekend and someone on our street (Angel hts) has moved in last week.

I also reached out to Claridge (inside the model home), the lady told me the park would be started this fall and completed next year. But she had no idea about a chain link fence that Tamarack says will be along the backyard of all homes rearing onto the park. As well, she told me that they would only remove the dead trees, which is unlikely, as they will need to tear down a lot of trees to make room for the play areas and the pathway. As far as timelines, I would have thought that the city would wait until there is more development in the community before starting the park. Potter's key, which is almost done, still hasn't had its 2 parks built.

Has anyone heard more about the development of the park?
Old Today, 07:50 AM
Regular User

Having dealt with many of City of Ottawa's broken promises in my previous neighborhood, I will wait and see till the actual construction starts. It may be the case that the also consider the other side of Robert grant as part of their calculations for west-wood and that side is almost complete.