Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 2015-02-11, 11:27 AM
joetoronto's Avatar
joetoronto joetoronto is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nobleton, Ontario
Posts: 4,227
Default

Ya, I'd much rather have that than the labyrinth. Although someone in the meeting asked if the labyrinth could be converted to an ice rink in the winter, it might have been NTKCE.

Chris said they would look into it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2015-02-11, 11:39 AM
letstry's Avatar
letstry letstry is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KCE Nobleton
Posts: 141
Default

For Ice Rink- Soccer field is there, Isnt that an option ?

I have seen town doing that in other York region areas.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2015-02-11, 12:21 PM
NTKCE NTKCE is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nobleton
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
Ya, I'd much rather have that than the labyrinth. Although someone in the meeting asked if the labyrinth could be converted to an ice rink in the winter, it might have been NTKCE.

Chris said they would look into it.
I am not really 'feeling' the labyrinth either. I think the idea was created out of a cost-savings initiative. I remember them saying that doing something with the large pile of rocks would be cheaper than paying to rid of the pile. I noticed the Mayor had some notes that spoke to the 'selling' features of the labyrinth (e.g. calming effects etc.). so, i am sure they have discussed the rock pile to some degree, researched some ideas and came up with the labyrinth.

I am the first to love any 'green' idea - so i get keeping the rocks on site versus disposal. but i have to wonder wheredid the rocks all came from? when? did the developer pile them there? If so, why would the town allow that? was it part of the deal? hmmmm????

i wonder if we could come up with a better idea for the rocks?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2015-02-11, 12:31 PM
NTKCE NTKCE is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nobleton
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
Ya, I'd much rather have that than the labyrinth. Although someone in the meeting asked if the labyrinth could be converted to an ice rink in the winter, it might have been NTKCE.

Chris said they would look into it.
The ice rink idea was building on the seeming desire to keep the rocks on site. by placing the rocks on the low-lying ground at the bottom of the hill, and by using the rocks as a barrier, i thought it wouldnt be that difficult to naturally collect water here in the winter and use it to skate on (i also asked about a water connection that could be used to supplement the natural water). i was just throwing the idea out there in hopes that the labyrinth (which i think will go in simply because its an alternative to disposing of the rocks) could be of more use than just a bunch of people walking through them looking for their chi.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2015-02-12, 04:50 AM
joetoronto's Avatar
joetoronto joetoronto is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nobleton, Ontario
Posts: 4,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstry View Post
For Ice Rink- Soccer field is there, Isnt that an option ?

I have seen town doing that in other York region areas.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTKCE View Post
I am not really 'feeling' the labyrinth either. I think the idea was created out of a cost-savings initiative. I remember them saying that doing something with the large pile of rocks would be cheaper than paying to rid of the pile. I noticed the Mayor had some notes that spoke to the 'selling' features of the labyrinth (e.g. calming effects etc.). so, i am sure they have discussed the rock pile to some degree, researched some ideas and came up with the labyrinth.

I am the first to love any 'green' idea - so i get keeping the rocks on site versus disposal. but i have to wonder wheredid the rocks all came from? when? did the developer pile them there? If so, why would the town allow that? was it part of the deal? hmmmm????

i wonder if we could come up with a better idea for the rocks?
Would it be a green thing to do if they buried the rocks?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2015-02-12, 05:47 AM
Kiser Kiser is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ontario
Posts: 293
Default

2 Thomas Noble Crt
King Ontario L7B 0A3
Sold:$925,000 List:$928,000 King Nobleton York
Taxes:$8,106.06 / 2014
For:Sale
% Dif:100
Contract Date:1/05/2015
Sold Date:2/08/2015
SPIS:N
Last Status:Sld
DOM:34
Detached
Bungaloft
Fronting On:N
Acreage:
99.81 x 106 Feet
Irreg:Irregular 51' @ Rear, 103 On West Side
Rms:10
Bedrooms:4
Washrooms:3
1x4, 2x5
Client Remks:**Lowest Priced Bungaloft In King Country Estates**Premium Court Location -Yorkville Model With $$$ Spent. Custom High-End Selba Kitchen W/Dark Cabinets, Centre Island W/Sink, B/I Appliances, Quartz Counters, Custom Bksplash, Undermount Sinks & Lighting, Open Concept Fam Rm W/Cathedral Ceilings W/ Pot Lighting & Gas Fireplace. Mn Flr Laundry Access To Garage, Fully Fenced Yard.
Extras:Long Drway W/4 Car Park, Ext Pot Lights,Alarm & Ext Surveillance Cameras, Dark Hrdwd & Wrght Iron Picket Staircase, Art Niche In Hall, Upg'd Faucets, Gdo & Rmotes, Cac, Cvac & Equip, S/S Appls, Washer, Dryer, Gas Bbq Hook-Up, Water Softener
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2015-02-12, 07:29 AM
joetoronto's Avatar
joetoronto joetoronto is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nobleton, Ontario
Posts: 4,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiser View Post
2 Thomas Noble Crt
King Ontario L7B 0A3
Sold:$925,000 List:$928,000 King Nobleton York
Taxes:$8,106.06 / 2014
For:Sale
% Dif:100
Contract Date:1/05/2015
Sold Date:2/08/2015
SPIS:N
Last Status:Sld
DOM:34
Detached
Bungaloft
Fronting On:N
Acreage:
99.81 x 106 Feet
Irreg:Irregular 51' @ Rear, 103 On West Side
Rms:10
Bedrooms:4
Washrooms:3
1x4, 2x5
Client Remks:**Lowest Priced Bungaloft In King Country Estates**Premium Court Location -Yorkville Model With $$$ Spent. Custom High-End Selba Kitchen W/Dark Cabinets, Centre Island W/Sink, B/I Appliances, Quartz Counters, Custom Bksplash, Undermount Sinks & Lighting, Open Concept Fam Rm W/Cathedral Ceilings W/ Pot Lighting & Gas Fireplace. Mn Flr Laundry Access To Garage, Fully Fenced Yard.
Extras:Long Drway W/4 Car Park, Ext Pot Lights,Alarm & Ext Surveillance Cameras, Dark Hrdwd & Wrght Iron Picket Staircase, Art Niche In Hall, Upg'd Faucets, Gdo & Rmotes, Cac, Cvac & Equip, S/S Appls, Washer, Dryer, Gas Bbq Hook-Up, Water Softener
If I'm not mistaken, this house has no eating area in the kitchen. Like the model home for AR where the sales office is.

There's been a lot of work done to this house and it's on a court, I'm of the thinking that this becomes a trade off for the lack of eating area in the kitchen.

Thanks for posting, Kiser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Thomas Noble.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	12782  
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2015-02-12, 12:41 PM
NTKCE NTKCE is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nobleton
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post


Would it be a green thing to do if they buried the rocks?
Not a bad idea - they could probably use a lot of them to heighten the toboganning hill likely. I dont know about burying them all at just below ground level... but on a hill - i cant see it being a problem. they could also use some for landscaping and natural borders.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2015-02-12, 01:24 PM
letstry's Avatar
letstry letstry is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KCE Nobleton
Posts: 141
Default

Rogers Internet and phone down in our area

I call tech support and they said - just not me whole area / neighbourhood is down right
Now

������
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2015-02-12, 01:29 PM
joetoronto's Avatar
joetoronto joetoronto is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nobleton, Ontario
Posts: 4,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstry View Post
Rogers Internet and phone down in our area

I call tech support and they said - just not me whole area / neighbourhood is down right
Now

������
Didn't that make you feel better, letstry?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Country Estates in Nobleton BartBandy King Township / Kleinburg Hills 10011 2017-11-17 08:58 AM
Kings Country Estates Nobleton - Neighborhood Watch dingobuck King Township / Kleinburg Hills 8 2014-09-29 11:23 AM
King Country Estates Survey joetoronto King Township / Kleinburg Hills 3 2013-09-30 12:24 PM
King Country Estates - Fence Discussion Jean Luc Picard King Township / Kleinburg Hills 2 2012-07-03 01:45 PM
Countrywide Homes - King Country Estates parm1 Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan 4 2011-05-30 08:38 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.