Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-05-22, 11:36 PM
Regular User

Default EQ Homes at Fernbank Crossing

I have been searching for information on EQ Homes at Fernbank and there is nothing!

Is anyone building at Fernbank with EQ Homes? We're giving them a serious consideration and I have some basic questions about their quality, customer service, upgrades, and pricing. Oh I'll also need a referral . Any information about EQ in general is also welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your contribution.
Old 2017-05-25, 04:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyashes View Post
I have been searching for information on EQ Homes at Fernbank and there is nothing!

Is anyone building at Fernbank with EQ Homes? We're giving them a serious consideration and I have some basic questions about their quality, customer service, upgrades, and pricing. Oh I'll also need a referral . Any information about EQ in general is also welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your contribution.
You may not find a lot of info on EQ in Fernbank Crossing here. Most of their Phase 1 build in FC were bungalows & condos which sold to an older clientele who may not frequent these types of forums. But with their release of 2-story singles for Phase 2 that demographic may change. For information on EQ you may want to search for their build in Kemptville with Equinelle.

Richcraft in FC & Cardel in nearby Blackstone are also very good builders with great reputations to look into.
Old 2017-05-28, 03:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkStnDude View Post
You may not find a lot of info on EQ in Fernbank Crossing here. Most of their Phase 1 build in FC were bungalows & condos which sold to an older clientele who may not frequent these types of forums. But with their release of 2-story singles for Phase 2 that demographic may change. For information on EQ you may want to search for their build in Kemptville with Equinelle.

Richcraft in FC & Cardel in nearby Blackstone are also very good builders with great reputations to look into.
You're very right about the demography of EQ customers. I was lucky though to have 2 respond to me directly. I guess they didn't want to contribute publicly. They have provided some of the information I needed.

Perhaps I'll share my experience here if we decide to go with EQ to help future home buyers who may want to know more about EQ.
Old 2017-06-10, 07:56 PM
Regular User

Hello,
My Husband and I are also seriously considering signing with EQ homes in Fernbank Crossings. We are looking at purchasing one of the 2 storey homes. We are hard pressed to find info about their quality and thoughts from those who have already been through the process with them. Pricing is also greatly appreciated (as well as attaching a referral if someone is interested
Thanks for your time!
Old 2017-07-04, 12:03 AM
Regular User

Hi,

I'm also thinking of purchasing one of EQ's two story singles in Fernbank Crossing. If anyone has any info relating to this builder as asked above by other posters, the quality of their homes/workmanship, customer service, follow up for defects, and reasonableness of upgrade pricing please let me know.

I also enabled Private Messaging if that's preferred.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2017-07-04, 12:33 PM

Hello All,

I am also seriously considering buying a single family home from EQhomes in Fernbank Crossing - Billings 4BDR model. I need a referral. Also, I would appreciate it if I can be referred to a good real estate lawyer in Stittsville/Kanata for the purchase process. Thanking you all in advance.
Old 2017-07-05, 11:40 AM
Regular User

Does eq have any 35' lots? I don't see them listed on the site map. 35' singles are listed on the floor plans.
Old 2017-07-05, 12:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanatian View Post
Does eq have any 35' lots? I don't see them listed on the site map. 35' singles are listed on the floor plans.
Not right now until their next phase. I was told if you buy a 35' home they will let you build on a 42' lot without a premium. I was told the premium would usually be close to 20k to upsize the lot. Don't quote me on anything but that's what I was told. Maybe try calling them and ask.
Old 2017-07-05, 12:40 PM
Regular User

Will do, thanks.
Old 2017-07-05, 12:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanatian View Post
Will do, thanks.
If you call, could you post back results to see if it's true?

Thanks.