Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-02-08, 07:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgardens View Post
I guess we'd mostly be looking at flooring (like hardwood on bedroom floor, tiles), shower size in ensuite, maybe increase finished basement area and standalone tub. Also, smaller things like water line for fridge, gas line for stove, some changes to cabinets... I imagine that given the standards, there aren't an insane amount of upgrades to do.

waterline, and gas line are included as standard. I believe they also include the 60 x 36 sized showers as standard too.
Old 2019-05-06, 04:55 PM
Regular User

Hi everybody!
We recently (January 2019) purchased a single by HN-homes in Cowan's Grove (The Mayfair). Looking at the Site Plan there are still many free singles and a few of the townhomes are for sale as well. After the latest price increase (February) there have been almost no changes - see Site Plan. We don't know who are the other builders in the area (the white spots on the Site Plan), but if there are more people who purchased a house and want to share or compare their experience we'll be happy to participate.
Regards to all!

Last edited by Mitsuko; 2019-05-06 at 04:58 PM.
Old 2019-06-17, 01:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
Hi everybody!
We recently (January 2019) purchased a single by HN-homes in Cowan's Grove (The Mayfair). Looking at the Site Plan there are still many free singles and a few of the townhomes are for sale as well. After the latest price increase (February) there have been almost no changes - see Site Plan. We don't know who are the other builders in the area (the white spots on the Site Plan), but if there are more people who purchased a house and want to share or compare their experience we'll be happy to participate.
Regards to all!
Congratulations!

We bought a single home in Cowan's Grove too. The future park beside the pond looks amazing and promising.
We got a lot at RSS as well. We had to compare between the everyday necessities and decided on Cowan's Grove.
If I'm not mistaking, Urbandale homes are right beside HN. Claridge will be there too. Pheonix, Richcraft and EQ will be on the other side of Bank st.
Old 2019-06-19, 12:48 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeling_lucky View Post
Congratulations!
If I'm not mistaking, Urbandale homes are right beside HN. Claridge will be there too. Pheonix, Richcraft and EQ will be on the other side of Bank st.
Congrats to you too!
As far as I know the white areas in the Site Plan (see link in my previous post) are for Urbandale. I'm not sure who's building in the north (grey) areas.
As for the park, here is a link to a more detailed plan:
https://documents.ottawa.ca/sites/de...pt_plan_en.pdf
And here for the small parkette:
There has been a public open house on June 12-th to view the park concept plans:https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/publi...-and-9#1392182
Where is your lot?
Regards!
Old 2019-06-25, 03:56 PM
Regular User

Prices of HN Homes in Cowan's Grove and RSS changed since 1.June 2019.
Singles CG
Singles RSS
Towns CG
Towns RSS
Old 2019-07-05, 11:25 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
Congrats to you too!
As far as I know the white areas in the Site Plan (see link in my previous post) are for Urbandale. I'm not sure who's building in the north (grey) areas.
As for the park, here is a link to a more detailed plan:
And here for the small parkette:
There has been a public open house on June 12-th to view the park concept plans:https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/publi...-and-9#1392182
Where is your lot?
Regards!
Thank you

I saw Claridge's new office and flag on the North grey area.

We are on Longworth, close to the big park. We are building a Kenson.
Where are you?

Did you start talking to a Home Coordinator already? We are waiting for her to contact us. Still haven't started looking into appliances! Not sure where to start. Too many decisions. Lol.
Old 2019-07-05, 03:59 PM
Regular User

We are on Longworth & Shuttleworth - we have a Mayfair.
Our meetings with the home, kitchen, interior design, electrical and other coordinators are over. 2 weeks ago we received a letter from HN-homes that they commenced with the construction of our home.
Don't go crazy with the appliances - just make a choice and find all the installation guides. The important once are the range (or cooktop/oven combination) and the fridge, because they might affect the kitchen resp. electrical design.
A piece of advice: go to the model homes where the materials are shown and start making your choices for all of them, with all the names, colours, manufacturer numbers etc. It will make the process with the interior designer easier. You might want to visit the showroom of the kitchen designer Deslaurier before the scheduled meeting (they are near to the plaza where IKEA is). Some of the materials resp. types of kitchen/bathroom cabinets are shown there, but not built in the model homes. This was the only way to learn that we can get higher bathroom cabinets, upper cabinet doors without pulls (handles), hanging (suspended) bathroom cabinets etc. etc.
Regards!
Old 2019-07-05, 05:13 PM
Regular User

Useful info, thank everyone & have a great weekend
Old 2019-07-05, 08:40 PM
Regular User

Great advice. Thank you so much neighbor
Old 2019-08-12, 09:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeling_lucky View Post
Thank you

I saw Claridge's new office and flag on the North grey area.

We are on Longworth, close to the big park. We are building a Kenson.
Where are you?

Did you start talking to a Home Coordinator already? We are waiting for her to contact us. Still haven't started looking into appliances! Not sure where to start. Too many decisions. Lol.
Hi there, Congrats for your new house first, just curious are you the one got the Kenson on a 50 size lot? Iím on the Longworth too!