Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-02-28, 10:38 AM

Default Monahan Landing (Kanata)

Hello all! The wife and I are looking to purchase a single in Kanata (currently living in a townhome). We really like the Monahan Landing location right next to Bridlewood and are anxious to find out what the builder (Glenview Homes) is offering. I've registered on their website www.glenviewhomes.com and look forward to the release in the next month or so. Just wondering if anyone has any additional info? I attached a picture of the location from their site. Looks like there are some parks and existing green space. Looking forward to hearing from my fellow home bloggers

Thanks!

G.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:14 AM
Regular User

Hey there,

Monahan Landing is a Glenview and Mattamy community. I don't know much about Glenview (trust me I google searched like a mad person ;-) as they are a brand new local builder. Apparently they have experience in real estate and land development (I think) but building is a new thing for them. It'll be interesting to see their prices and floorplans. There are alot of parks in the area. One is Meadowbreeze and I love it, it my fave in the area...though it may not be as quiet now with this new development. Yes there is green space up closer to Eagleson rd. There is alovely path to walk along and a "pond" with ducks, birds, etc. Nice.

Urbandale will be releasing their last phase as well in the area and I think it'll be April, but I"m not 100% sure about that.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:27 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hey there,

Monahan Landing is a Glenview and Mattamy community. I don't know much about Glenview (trust me I google searched like a mad person ;-) as they are a brand new local builder. Apparently they have experience in real estate and land development (I think) but building is a new thing for them. It'll be interesting to see their prices and floorplans. There are alot of parks in the area. One is Meadowbreeze and I love it, it my fave in the area...though it may not be as quiet now with this new development. Yes there is green space up closer to Eagleson rd. There is alovely path to walk along and a "pond" with ducks, birds, etc. Nice.

Urbandale will be releasing their last phase as well in the area and I think it'll be April, but I"m not 100% sure about that.
Ahhh I was wondering where the Monahan Landing was actually going to be located. You are right Red Glenview is like a Minto - they are in the real estate field but I guess now branching out to building.

Though I am not a fan of the Kanata area it will be interesting to see what their prices of a new builder to the Ottawa area will be, especially with Mattamy building there as well. They could get quite competitive.

Old 2014-05-29, 12:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost_Home View Post
Ahhh I was wondering where the Monahan Landing was actually going to be located. You are right Red Glenview is like a Minto - they are in the real estate field but I guess now branching out to building.

Though I am not a fan of the Kanata area it will be interesting to see what their prices of a new builder to the Ottawa area will be, especially with Mattamy building there as well. They could get quite competitive.
Minto is building in Kanata too, it's called Arcadia. We do not recommend building with them. It's been our worse nightmare having to deal with Minto's representatives on our 30 day report. It's been 6 months of fights with them. They just don't understand what customer service is all about. Our first home was with Urbandale and the experience was much better. They dealt with the issues in less than a week in a very professional way, not like Minto.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:30 AM

Thanks for the reply Red. From their site it looks like they will have singles (single car garage and double car garage)....I agree, should be very interesting to see their plans and pricing. It will be interesting to see what a new builder can bring to the area. Getting excited to move up to our next home!

Glad to hear there are some nice parks and trails in the area. I know my dog will like it!
Old 2012-09-14, 06:57 PM
Regular User

Congrats Joanie,
We bought the same model (Lot 188) and close in May as well.
Jer

Last edited by Jer in Ottawa; 2013-02-05 at 12:40 PM.
Old 2012-11-19, 08:11 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
Just received actual address on Autumnfield 366 Autumnfield
Hi Joanie,
So if you're lot 186 would that make us 362 or 370 Autumnfield if we're lot 188? Where did you get this, from the DC?

Jer

Old 2012-02-28, 11:50 AM
Regular User

people should be careful with the lots around the park, and the park itself, near the richmond road end

right now it is basically a wrecked vehicle dump so there could be lots of toxins in the soil

people should ask what they are doing to test for that and the cleanup planned
Old 2012-03-23, 05:31 PM

Default Don't be concerned

I live next to the land development. Glenview and Mattamy are simply building on Farm Land - NOT an old wreckers yard or anything. Location wise it is gold.

The old farmhouse on the corner of Richmond and Hope Side road has 1 Van in the yard to prop up the sign for their business. I would not be concerned about environmental cleanup etc.

I am intrigued to see the ratio between towns and singles. I have heard they have scaled back the original proposal for the # of singles due to the city restricting the land available for new builds...we shall see I guess.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:07 PM
Regular User

I received an email that Mattamy is starting their sales of these lots on March 31.