Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-10-16, 12:20 AM

Smile Cardel Homes in Longfields, Barrhaven

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone heard anything about the "coming soon 2013" of the Cardel homes in Longfields. All I heard is they will be opening in early 2013 and that there will be some new models to choose from.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:56 AM
Regular User

Do you know which part of Longfields Cardel will be building? I understand Richcraft and Larco are building singles, semis and towns near Woodroffe. A bit further down, Campanale and Tartan are building terrace homes, singles and semis towards Berrigan/Greenbank.

Even further down, Minto is building a row of terrace homes past Strandherd and after that Longfields becomes Jockvale and you are entering Stonebridge.

We used to live in the area and it's a great place to raise a family, access to all amenities and lots of schools to choose.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:26 PM

I am not sure where it is, so we'll just have to wait for the location and the new model homes.
Old 2012-10-16, 11:37 PM
Regular User

They are going to build near Larco in the vacant land around the park and through to Longfields. I believe Monarch bought some of the land as well. Urban towns of some sort I heard - not singles.
Old 2012-10-30, 08:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilKirk View Post
They are going to build near Larco in the vacant land around the park and through to Longfields. I believe Monarch bought some of the land as well. Urban towns of some sort I heard - not singles.
Cardel are building singles in Longfields, confirmed from their sales center.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:37 PM
Regular User

They are building urban towns and some singles. It's not all singles. I think the bulk of it, from what I read in the preview email was that it would be mostly urban rear lane towns with some rear lane singles. Probably a mix much like the Larco homes where it's mostly semis but there are some singles.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:49 AM
Regular User

Sounds like it's going to be very cramped. I don't know of any park near Larco... Just the school, Kelly Funeral and the new Mosque(?) being built. Then there is Mattino a little more west on Longfields which will back onto Richcraft's Fieldstone, then Campanale on the other side of Longfields and Tartan further up. I have no idea where they'll build?

I read the singles will be new designs but will be rear laneway, so similar to the houses on Berrigan near the Firestation then?

We really wanted Cardel to come to Barrhaven but bought in HMB instead. We were cheesed when we heard otherwise recently, but now we're relieved as I am sure the lots will be small. Last I heard from Cardel they were saying 5-10 years for Barrhaven and likely near HMB.
Mattamy | Half Moon Bay South | Valleyfield A
Closed: July 22, 2014 and loving it!

Old 2012-10-17, 09:57 PM
Regular User

They are building a park where Larco is located. If you pull up their site map, you'll see the large park going in and the land that remains

Larco told me that both builders will be doing urban towns of some sort or semis. It's not going to be singles and if they happen to have a few, it will be few and far between higher density stuff.
Old 2012-10-18, 12:48 AM

So you mean the north side of the Larco area or maybe between the Kelly Home and Mosque area on the leftside of Woodroffe. It looks like there's more room for Semi-detached and towns, then single homes. Maybe they will do only have a few of singles and the rest semis & towns.

http://www.larcohomes.com/_admin/mod...ds_sitemap.php
Old 2012-10-18, 11:25 AM
Regular User

Ahhh I see now. So what's left in grey/white on the sitemap is Cardel or both builders?

I don't feel as bad now. phew!
Mattamy | Half Moon Bay South | Valleyfield A
Closed: July 22, 2014 and loving it!