Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2016-03-30, 11:46 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp6969 View Post
I bought from Averton in Pickering and my closing is August 2016 and i havemt heard anything about decor appointments or anything. They don't seem to respond to emails either. In pickering they wouldn't negotiate on anything.
I dont think they have even started building in pickering yet... if your closing is august 2016 then am sorry ,you will be delayed.
They should send out delay letters out soon if you have not received one yet.
When did you buy? did you get any delay notice before ?
Old 2016-03-30, 01:21 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimak View Post
I dont think they have even started building in pickering yet... if your closing is august 2016 then am sorry ,you will be delayed.
They should send out delay letters out soon if you have not received one yet.
When did you buy? did you get any delay notice before ?
I bought back in september 2015 and i have not received any delay notice or even a response from a couple emails i have sent asking about the decor centre and the progress on construction.

Its been under construction since October apparently but its the ground has just been levelled and staked.

It has pretty much looked like this since october with a little bit of soli being moved lately. I figured it was because of winter but i thought they would have done more by now

Here are some pictures of the site.

https://goo.gl/photos/9k1N1ygjFFght7qp8

The last couple pictures are the latest ones
Old 2016-03-30, 07:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp6969 View Post
I bought back in september 2015 and i have not received any delay notice or even a response from a couple emails i have sent asking about the decor centre and the progress on construction.

Its been under construction since October apparently but its the ground has just been levelled and staked.

It has pretty much looked like this since october with a little bit of soli being moved lately. I figured it was because of winter but i thought they would have done more by now

Here are some pictures of the site.

https://goo.gl/photos/9k1N1ygjFFght7qp8

The last couple pictures are the latest ones
Looks like they will start building pretty soon....but i doubt it will be done by August .Am pretty confident you will be delayed ...so be prepared for the letter.Most builders normally dont have answers for buyers when they have not started building yet... they dont have anything to tell you either than waiting for permits and approvals from municipality.
You should here something from them soon at least 3 month to your closing date thats per tarion guidelines if theres any form of delays.
Old 2016-03-31, 04:14 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Looks like they will start building pretty soon....but i doubt it will be done by August .Am pretty confident you will be delayed ...so be prepared for the letter.Most builders normally dont have answers for buyers when they have not started building yet... they dont have anything to tell you either than waiting for permits and approvals from municipality.
You should here something from them soon at least 3 month to your closing date thats per tarion guidelines if theres any form of delays.
Awesome thanks for the info. Just dumb how they had a big hype about construction on Oct 3rd and basically just graded since then I guess i will be waiting for my delay letter.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/13...-street-seaton
Old 2016-03-31, 05:01 PM
Regular User

We finally went in and chose our bricks. Now a long wait until our next appointment.
Old 2016-03-31, 05:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve13gt View Post
We finally went in and chose our bricks. Now a long wait until our next appointment.
One hurdle out of your way...now the waiting game starts. Did the sale center told you when they will start breaking ground?
Old 2016-04-01, 09:19 AM
Regular User

Quote:
One hurdle out of your way...now the waiting game starts. Did the sale center told you when they will start breaking ground?
Interesting.....I haven't had any appointments and we broke ground in October.
Old 2016-04-11, 08:39 PM
Regular User

Default Beacon Hill

Hey there, thanks for starting a thread. We just purchased with Averton (Beacon Hill) a couple of weeks ago. Closing is tentatively scheduled for August 2017.
Old 2016-04-11, 08:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post

Hey there, thanks for starting a thread. We just purchased with Averton (Beacon Hill) a couple of weeks ago. Closing is tentatively scheduled for August 2017.
Hi ,welcome to the forum.Which lot and model did you buy, how was your buying experience. Did get any bonus/incentives.I hope you love the new community.. I think it will be an upscale community in bowmanville after all is set and done.
Old 2016-04-11, 09:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hi ,welcome to the forum.Which lot and model did you buy, how was your buying experience. Did get any bonus/incentives.I hope you love the new community.. I think it will be an upscale community in bowmanville after all is set and done.
Thank you Erimak, we choose the "Kelly" model. It helped driving to Mount Albert and physically seeing the models in person. Though I loved the kitchen in the "Reeve". The buying experience went well, and the only incentives we got were the $20,000 in upgrades (gas fireplace, granite counters, hardwood on main level). Hopefully construction will start soon so we can see how things progress. When is your closing date ?