Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-10-31, 03:40 PM
Regular User

Hey everyone,

So just thought I would give an update on the terrace homes. I have been in my unit for just over a week now and things are coming along. The stairs are already in for the lower terrace homes, so it was surprising to see how fast they moved on that.

The only real "serious" issue I have so far is with the upgrade they did in my roman tub. I paid for the handheld shower head, but it looks horrible and I have complained to ashcroft about it already. I was wondering if anyone else in the lower terrace homes also got this upgrade??

I hope everyone is settling in finally... it's nice to see some progress finally! Hopefully the rest of our neighbours will be on time with their homes!

Happy Halloween!!
Old 2012-10-31, 04:35 PM
Regular User

Default Terrace Home

Just received an e-mail from Christina today to have my drywall/framing walkthrough of Block 2 next week. At last communication from Ashcroft. Hopefully this means it won't be too much longer. How long has others waited from time of walkthrough till time of possession?
Old 2012-11-13, 10:25 AM
Regular User

Just a heads up to everyone. We have been informed that there won't be any additional parking being sold.
Old 2012-11-20, 09:25 PM
Regular User

Default Block 2

Not that anyone is really posting anymore since they've moved in, but I just signed my amended agreement to move Feb 28 into Block 2. Those who have a upper terrace do you think a 42" tv would fit above the fire place without overhanging off the corner.
Old 2012-11-21, 08:31 AM

You were originally set for April 2013 right? I'm wondering if Block 1 will be moved up as well.. I have a quick question for you as well.. How soon before your closing date was your first walk through scheduled for? I am waiting for mine and just curious. Thanks!
Old 2012-11-21, 09:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleach57 View Post
Not that anyone is really posting anymore since they've moved in, but I just signed my amended agreement to move Feb 28 into Block 2. Those who have a upper terrace do you think a 42" tv would fit above the fire place without overhanging off the corner.
I have a 42" TV and it would easily fit on the ledge over the fireplace. That said, I have mine mounted on the wall over the fireplace and it fits perfectly.
Old 2012-11-21, 06:42 PM
Regular User

Default Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_HomeBuyer11 View Post
You were originally set for April 2013 right? I'm wondering if Block 1 will be moved up as well.. I have a quick question for you as well.. How soon before your closing date was your first walk through scheduled for? I am waiting for mine and just curious. Thanks!

Originally I was set for September 24th 2012, then I was changed to April 13 2013. Now that has been adjusted to the final date of February 28, 2013. I just had my first walkthrough on November 8th, all that was complete was the drywall (no floors, nothing it was a mess). If I were to take a guess you probably won't have a walkthrough until January. They have a lot of work before they will start to drywall.

In regards to the TV that is good to know, I'm hoping to pick up a 42" for above the fireplace since my 50" won't fit unless I mounted to the right of the fireplace; which would look pretty weird. I want to mount it above the ledge of the fireplace.
Old 2012-12-04, 06:58 PM
Regular User

Default Fees

Hello,

I was wondering what types of fees I should expect at closing?

-lawyer
-tarion
-land transfer tax?
-hydro deposit
-gas deposit

Anything else?
Old 2012-12-04, 07:35 PM
Regular User

Your fees will depend upon whether it's your interim closing or your final closing, your purchase agreement and whether any adjustments need to be paid by you, and your particular financing situation (i.e. PST on mortgage default insurance premiums).

You should contact your lawyer who will gladly provide you with an estimate.
Old 2013-01-09, 11:09 AM
Regular User

Does anyone have any updates on when this interm closing will end? Also, am I aloud to advertise to unit for sale during an interm close?

Thanks!