Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-01-22, 03:05 PM
Regular User

Default Has anyone looked at Cardel Homes in Stonewater Bay?

I am just wondering if anyone has visited Stonewater Bay in Carleton Place by Cardel homes and has any comments on the area/homes/prices, etc?
Old 2010-06-05, 10:22 AM

Just purchased a town in Stonewater Bay. Silverleaf unit was very attractive to us being a young couple. Design center appointment to come soon, as everything seems to be on schedule. The development area is coming along nicely in Carleton Place. I hope the Hwy 7 completion happens in the expected amount of time. (fall 2011) Will post sometime after design center consult.
Old 2010-06-05, 10:37 PM
Regular User

I've been through the model home and it looks great. The subdivision looks appealing too with the river right there! Seems to be good value for the money.
Old 2010-06-06, 07:55 PM
Regular User

We went a couple weeks ago, pretty nice. The "Waterfront" properties aren't actually waterfront, there is crown land behind them with the Trans-Canada trail, meaning you have no control over the trees blocking the view, a nd you have people walking constantly through your back yard.

...and 120k Lot Premium.

The model is gorgeous, prices are very good in comparison to Kanata etc.
Old 2010-06-06, 08:12 PM
Regular User

I'm just a wee bit shy of buying that Helmsley! Anyone know how I can make a quick 75k!?
Old 2010-06-30, 03:20 AM

Design center appt was very well organized and all went smoothly. As we purchased a town, there are far fewer choices left in our hands and what typically might have been fifteen to twenty hours to of time for those folks building a custom, was cut down to only about four total hours at the design center for us. Area looks to be developing quickly as I see more singles getting close to closing up every time I make it out to the area. Waiting patiently for a foundation......for now just an empty hole.
Old 2010-07-16, 12:03 PM

Default Move in Sept

Hey
We've bought a single Cardel in Carleton Place and so far we're enjoying the experience. It's a beautiful neighbourhood! I go by everyday to see the progress on our house and all the other houses there. Love seeing the stucco being put on the last few days. I completely forget what colours we've chosen for the exterior so I'm starting to get nervous that it's not going to look good. We'll hopefully see soon!
Glad to see a future neighbour here. Hopefully, we meet some more.
Sussex
Old 2010-07-18, 10:22 PM

Default Bought in Stonewater Bay and so far so good

Lots backing onto the river are larger and includes walk out basement so the 120K lot premium is not just for the view. The public walking path along the river is not part of the Trans Canada Trail. Even with the premium, Stonewater Bay is cheaper than smaller interior lots in Kanata or Orleans. If you work in the west, Carleton Place is a lot closer than you think with the highway expansion. The Cardel sales rep for NottingHill is building his house in Stonewater Bay so I think that says something.
Old 2010-07-21, 10:52 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeraldO View Post
The Cardel sales rep for NottingHill is building his house in Stonewater Bay so I think that says something.
What does that say?? I don't understand. He works for the company so he gets a discount off the purchase price. Cardel will be done in Orleans in a few months so he won't be working there much longer. All of their remaining areas are in the west end. It just makes sense.

Carleton Place is nice and is very similar to Richmond IMO. If you work close by and don't go into Ottawa very often then it is great. Those villages have everything you need. If you do travel often for social events or family then it could be a bit far. Depends on your lifestyle.
Old 2010-07-22, 11:30 PM

He would get a discount anywhere including Stittsville, Richmond, Kanata yet chose Stonewater Bay. Most buyers in Stonewater Bay are from Barrhaven and Kanata. The commute from Carleton Place to downtown Ottawa is shorter than from Nottinghill. You get the same house on a larger lot for 100K less because municipal development fees are lower, and municipal taxes are also lower. Better services from the local municipality and none of the Ottawa council antics. The entire Stonebridge development is a peninsula so no through traffic. Local hospital is blocks away and you can see a doctor in less than an hour if you need to visit emergency. You can shop at the big stores locally and they are not a zoo like in Ottawa. Many people in Stittsville make the drive to Carleton Place to shop the big box stores for that reason. Sensplex and Scotiabank place are only 20 minute drive. Soon to be less once the highway expansion is completed. Costco has a property nearby waiting for the population to reach a certain point. (btw They don't build in "villages". Multiplex movie theatre is supposed to built. Plans for a brand new hospital to be built within a few years behind the Shoppers around the corner. Don't have to drive the kids to all parts of the city for soccer, hockey etc... Facilities are all just a couple of minutes away. Daycare is cheaper. There are many reasons to choose Stonewater Bay.
Signed: Former Barrhaven resident.