Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa > Ottawa Area Houses For Sale

Old 2010-08-27, 05:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
Stunning house!!
Thanks Cosmogrrl - we really love it and put a lot of time, care, and money into it to make it a warm and eye-striking home. The pictures don't do it justice, believe it or not.
Old 2010-08-27, 05:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottagonian View Post
Yes, it is across the street from the ravine. My bad - I am not a real estate agent and so failed to make the proper distinction.

As for the price being high "for Orleans" we will have to see what the market dictates.

The house has many upgrades and, a new model which would back onto a great wall of siding would start at $311,000 according to Richcraft, and that without any upgrades. If you look at the list, you will see that the property for sale has many upgrades, and the most important factor of not having any rear neighbours but a beautiful ravine instead.

Perhaps you can tell me why a house in Kanata Lakes or Stonebridge would dictate a higher price - I simply don't know enough about Outer West End real estate to express an opinion one way or the other.
If it sells for that then that is Awesome! We currently are in a richcraft Bancroft with about 20K in upgrades and plan on selling in the near future and would love to get around 315K 320K but we will have to see. The homes in Barrhaven and Kanata are more expensive then Orleans, not sure why but most westend parts of any city cost more then the east. Orleans is usualy 10-20K cheaper then the west
Old 2010-08-27, 05:27 PM
Regular User

That's a nice model - I've been very happy with the build quality and finish.

I didn't realize homes in the West End were usually more expensive. I've lived almost everywhere in the city at one point or another and have been very happy with Orleans. Lots of great parks, the river / petrie island beach, and some great facilities all within a short bicycle ride. Decent shopping at Place d'Orleans and the ubiquitous big box stores on Innes.

Also, nice and quick to get downtown via bus, car, and even bicycle if you're up for it. We're 20km door to door to my office downtown so we've been happy with the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBOR View Post
If it sells for that then that is Awesome! We currently are in a richcraft Bancroft with about 20K in upgrades and plan on selling in the near future and would love to get around 315K 320K but we will have to see. The homes in Barrhaven and Kanata are more expensive then Orleans, not sure why but most westend parts of any city cost more then the east. Orleans is usualy 10-20K cheaper then the west
Old 2010-08-27, 05:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
That's a nice model - I've been very happy with the build quality and finish.

I didn't realize homes in the West End were usually more expensive. I've lived almost everywhere in the city at one point or another and have been very happy with Orleans. Lots of great parks, the river / petrie island beach, and some great facilities all within a short bicycle ride. Decent shopping at Place d'Orleans and the ubiquitous big box stores on Innes.

Also, nice and quick to get downtown via bus, car, and even bicycle if you're up for it. We're 20km door to door to my office downtown so we've been happy with the location.
I totaly agree! I like the look of Orleans better the barrhaven! Where I live. That is why I am moving to Stittsville. None the less I am sure you will well you home! it seems like there is nothing to do to that house as it is all done.

When we bough 3 yrs ago with Richcraft I cannot beilive the upgrade pricing.
burber carpet 2300 plus 1200 for underpad upgrade. The rod iron spindales they wanted I think 5K plus 10K for the stairs.
never the less nice place!
Old 2010-08-27, 06:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Thanks - it's a 60" Plasma. It's a beauty.
With a plasma that size, do you actually need a fireplace?

It's a beautiful home.
Old 2010-08-27, 06:48 PM
Regular User

Thanks Yume - we've had the fireplace going and the fireplace channel for kicks - but there's nothing as satisfying as a winter night with the fireplace going and a Sens game on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume View Post
With a plasma that size, do you actually need a fireplace?

It's a beautiful home.
Old 2010-09-08, 11:54 AM
Regular User

We've reduced the price to $329,500 and I also changed the post-title to more accurately reflect the lot (Ravine View vs. Ravine Lot).

Thank you for your interest and comments.
Old 2010-09-29, 07:39 PM
Regular User

Congrats on your sale.
Old 2010-09-30, 09:51 PM
Regular User

Shame on you for saying its a ravine lot when it's a ravine view lot.... go to the box and feel for shame....