Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-09-12, 12:06 AM
Regular User

Default SohoWest - Tartan Homes - Carlan - Connected Single

Hi eveyrone, I just recently sold my home, and am in the mind numbing process of finding a new home (through a builder).

I've looked at DOZENS of builders, and hundreds of different floorplans...

I'm thinking the Tartan Homes - Carlan model in SohoWest.

Can anyone provide any feedback on Tartan Homes, the Carlan, or Sohowest in general.

Anything, to help me make a decision.

Anybody have feedback on Tartan on a builder? they look like AWESOME designs and GOOD quality. The Carlan looks like it has it all, but some feedback on things you DO LIKE/DONT LIKE once you've moved in.

And the Location, what it's like, and if Eagleson gets too busy in rush hour to get to the Highway in a reasonable time.

I wanted to Live in Kanata Lakes, but the choices there are limited, and I love the Tartan homes.

Thanks guys
Old 2011-09-29, 12:51 PM
Regular User

So, I bit the bullet and bought the Carlan. I got a end unit lot, with an oversized garage (instead of a full double). Which gives me a 13'9" garage instead of a full 18'.

All I need is room for 1 car, and to have room to change tires, and work on it (14' is plenty) and room in the back for my tools and workshop. I like the fact that I can go to my backyard from the OUTSIDE, and not have to go through the house/garage to get there. Big win for me.

How do the others who purchased a Tartan in Sohowest feel about their purchase, and the community?

I worked construction for a greater part of my life, and my last house was a reno/flip, and I can vouch for Tartan's build quality. They use above average materials in every aspect.
Old 2011-09-29, 01:30 PM
Regular User

I suggest you go through this thread and have a read http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...light=sohowest

It's 60+ pages on the Sohowest community, so I'm sure you'll find some good nuggets of information in there!

Old 2011-09-29, 04:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_ottawa View Post
I suggest you go through this thread and have a read http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...light=sohowest

It's 60+ pages on the Sohowest community, so I'm sure you'll find some good nuggets of information in there!
I have read that. Every page. Thanks for the tip.

I actually started a Progress thread, so hopefully people can help me with Design Center decisions and the likes.