Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2016-12-05, 07:44 PM
Regular User

Does anyone know if the Mattamy page is accurate with prices and stock? I'm in Toronto, so it's hard for me to visit the sales centre. Also, what phase are they currently selling. I've been comparing Mattamy homes in the Ottawa community and noticed that this one is the cheapest, so would like to know why. It seems to be more convenient to dt than the rest too (Bus 66).
Old 2016-12-05, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva86 View Post
Does anyone know if the Mattamy page is accurate with prices and stock? I'm in Toronto, so it's hard for me to visit the sales centre. Also, what phase are they currently selling. I've been comparing Mattamy homes in the Ottawa community and noticed that this one is the cheapest, so would like to know why. It seems to be more convenient to dt than the rest too (Bus 66).
Your best bet is to call the Sales Office for the most recent listing. 66 stops about 4 blocks from the most recent (and last) Phase of Monahan Landing.

They're the cheapest because they're one of the largest builders so they have large volume.
Old 2016-12-06, 05:36 AM
Regular User

May be a bit cheaper because access to Highways, Jobs and Amenities is a bit of a further commute than some of the other communities. Still a good location, and Ottawa traffic is nowhere near as congested as Toronto.
Old 2016-12-06, 08:21 AM
Regular User

I was comparing the mattamy communities and it seemed like this, abottsville crossing and half moon bay were all the same distance to dt, yet monahan was cheaper. Maybe it's further than what I seen.

Is glenview the only other builder in monahan?
Old 2016-12-06, 09:00 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I was comparing the mattamy communities and it seemed like this, abottsville crossing and half moon bay were all the same distance to dt, yet monahan was cheaper. Maybe it's further than what I seen.

I don't know if this is the case, but Monahan Landing was the first phase of construction Mattamy started in Ottawa (along with Half Moon Bay). Since the closings are a year or two out for the other locations, the list prices are also slightly higher (Abottsville was one year out in closing when we signed, and about 1.5% higher; well under the real estate inflation average).

It may also be that amenities are slightly further away, but I don't think that makes too much of a difference to most people. With Abottsville, for instance, there's shopping centers 5 mins north (Terry Fox and Hazeldean) and 5 mins south (Walmart). With Monahan Landing, there's only the Walmart 5 minutes west, and Robertson and Hazeldean is a 10 min drive north. Don't know if that explains the price differences at all either.

That said, Monahan Landing is far more developed than Abottsville's surrounding areas in terms of community. The Bridlewood area has been around for atleast the last 20 years.
Old 2016-12-06, 09:00 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I think so, yes.
Old 2016-12-06, 09:44 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krooner View Post
I don't know if this is the case, but Monahan Landing was the first phase of construction Mattamy started in Ottawa (along with Half Moon Bay). Since the closings are a year or two out for the other locations, the list prices are also slightly higher (Abottsville was one year out in closing when we signed, and about 1.5% higher; well under the real estate inflation average).

It may also be that amenities are slightly further away, but I don't think that makes too much of a difference to most people. With Abottsville, for instance, there's shopping centers 5 mins north (Terry Fox and Hazeldean) and 5 mins south (Walmart). With Monahan Landing, there's only the Walmart 5 minutes west, and Robertson and Hazeldean is a 10 min drive north. Don't know if that explains the price differences at all either.

That said, Monahan Landing is far more developed than Abottsville's surrounding areas in terms of community. The Bridlewood area has been around for atleast the last 20 years.
Thanks! That was very helpful.
Old 2016-12-06, 12:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:

You also lose land in Monahan Landing. I can't remember the exact amount of feet lost but just from what I see when driving around both the Half Moon Bay and Monahan Landing sites I think it's quite a significant reduction in backyard space as well as only 1 car can fit in most single lane driveways in ML.

Last edited by Eastland; 2016-12-06 at 12:07 PM.
Old 2016-12-06, 01:32 PM
Regular User

I was interested in the Ferncliffe model(http://mattamyhomes.com/ottawa/commu...erncliffe.aspx) because it is the only one that has a 3.5 bathroom option, but I don't like having to walk through the dining room :/.
Old 2016-12-08, 03:23 PM
Regular User

GV's closing is March - Nov 2018.