Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-07-20, 02:30 PM
Regular User

Default Bell Fibe TV and Internet

We are still considering making the switch from Bell Sattelite TV and Interet to Bell Fibe TV and Internet. We know that both services are available in Alton Village.

Just wondering if anyone has made the switch and was hoping others are willing to share what kind of deal/ promotion they got from Bell? I know that rates will depend on needs (e.g., number of recievers, channel selection, internet speed, etc), but having some general idea with special offers and or promotions (besides those publicly posted on their website -e.g., "good",
"better", "best") would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for the information.

Bijan
Old 2012-07-24, 10:15 AM
Regular User

I just did a check at the bell fibe site and it said that it wasnt available for my address or phone number yet. are you getting a similar result from the site and a different one when you call in?
Old 2012-07-24, 09:06 PM
Regular User

I know it is available at my address. This was confirmed online, by the Bell store on Appleby and Dundas and by the Bell technician who was here today to address my current Internet issues.

In a previous thread a while ago someone had discussed Bell Fibe TV and Internet and how they made the switch. At that time when I inquired it was available in Burlington but not in Alton Village yet. Hope that helps.

If others are interested maybe be can get a group rate? I'd be happy to try!
Old 2012-07-24, 11:28 PM
Administrator

It is hit and miss with this service right now.

We have a high profile client in Oakville that was trying to get this installed for the last 3 Saturdays. First 2 Saturdays no one showed up, 3rd one someone showed up but said they would have to dig up the driveway in order to get the right cabling into the house.

So if you do make an appointment for this, do not expect it to happen on the first try.

The only way I know it will work without a problem is if you actually have fibre run right up to your house already. A lot of new houses do, so you may be lucky.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2012-07-26, 12:50 PM
Regular User

I wouldn't worry about having Fibre going right to your house. That's the somewhat misleading title of 'Fibe'. Bell runs Fibre to the Node in neighbourhoods. The last mile, between the node and your house, is run through standard DSL. You'll most likely get a Sagemcom Gateway/Router, and the package will include high speed (I think around 50Mbs) along with TV over DSL. From what I gather, your speed is guaranteed never to drop below a certain speed even with all tvs running (I think I read you can have up to 6?).

I know it's available on my street, Auckland Drive in the Orchard. I'd imagine that when Bell installed their nodes in Alton they were installed with Fibre running to them.

I'm going to look at getting it myself (I'm getting a little tired of my tv signal going out when it's stormy outside), but I'm on a grandfathered channel package with a good rate that I'll hang onto for a while.
Old 2012-07-26, 12:53 PM
Regular User

And I should clarify, Bell does have residential FTTH (Fiber to the Home) packages available, but they are in very limited areas (mostly downtown toronto and quite a few areas in Quebec)

A lot of digging will need to occur before this type of service is everywhere.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen View Post
And I should clarify, Bell does have residential FTTH (Fiber to the Home) packages available, but they are in very limited areas (mostly downtown toronto and quite a few areas in Quebec)
Actually, most new houses in Milton for the last 18 months have fibre to the home.

I took these pictures about a year ago, and all the houses on the street were the same.

The condo building we are doing right now, Bell/Cogeco are trying to run fibre to each unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bell-box-open.jpg
Views:	8482
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	10018   Click image for larger version

Name:	cogeco-box-open.jpg
Views:	2649
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	10019  
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2012-07-27, 11:13 AM
Regular User

i think most of the new housing developments in the GTA where they have fibre is only fibre now. i have fibre to the house and it's pretty good. i only get phone and internet though. they will give u a IP router with voice and internet router. the IP router includes a UPS since you'll lose phone service if the voice router goes down.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:31 AM
Regular User

Im in Ottawa and I just signed up yesterday for Fibe TV and Internet for my new home. They had a deal if you get internet, tv and homephone you save 50% off the 50/50 internet as long as you have 3 products with bell. So I basically got the 50/50 for the price of the 15/15 package. I signed a 2yr for the tv and get a free pvr, second box is 5.53. We got the better package for tv. Free modem, 50mg download and upload with 250gb. Home phone I got basic with caller id and call waiting, free ontario long distance. its like 140 for 6 months and 157 after.