Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa > Ottawa Area Houses For Sale

Old 2013-07-24, 01:34 PM
Regular User

Default Turnkey end-unit town in FC!

We just put our house on the market so I thought I'd post it here too. We have yet to get professional pics done to accompany the ad...I will update as soon as we do!

http://grapevine.ca/listing/39591

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek
Closing: November 28th, 2013

Old 2013-07-24, 09:43 PM
Regular User

Very nice place, SC! Here's hoping you will have a quick sale.

I agree the pictures do not do the home justice and should be taken again (on a bright day) to showcase the property.

Good luck!
Old 2013-07-24, 10:26 PM
Regular User

Best of luck in this slow market!
Old 2013-07-25, 12:43 AM
Regular User

Thanks S&H and xdarrylx! I hope all goes well...being positive and telling myself it will all go smoothly-ish....lol

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek

Old 2013-09-07, 11:59 PM
Regular User

Price reduced and description changed to include more details about the house. I had a realtor tell me that needed to be done.
Also, I added additional pics (Flickr albums).

Are my pics that bad? They really don't do the house justice I feel. The master bedroom is huge yet it looks kind of small in the pics.

All feedback welcome :-)

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek

Old 2013-09-08, 01:17 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat View Post
Price reduced and description changed to include more details about the house. I had a realtor tell me that needed to be done.
Also, I added additional pics (Flickr albums).

Are my pics that bad? They really don't do the house justice I feel. The master bedroom is huge yet it looks kind of small in the pics.

All feedback welcome :-)
IMHO, there are a few pictures that could use some modifying. The house is gorgeous, so I'm really just nitpicking here. Comments below are for the pics on grapevine, and not the flickr pictures.

1. Lose the coffee table and center the rug in the living room pictures. I find the coffee table is kind of bulky in that particular picture and makes the living room seem a lot smaller than it is.

2. Deck picture. Take it from a different angle so that you are facing the house, rather than facing the rest of the yard. From the angle that the picture is taken now, it looks like the deck pretty much takes up the entire yard, and probably makes the yard smaller than it is. Additionally, I would hide the garbage can for the picture.

3.Master bedroom picture. I would get rid of the couch. While it's awesome that a couch can fit in the bedroom, the picture makes the room look cluttered and smaller than it is.

4. Basement pictures. If the basement isn't too clutter, I'd suggest adding a picture or two of the basement to your flickr account.

Old 2013-09-08, 11:02 AM
Regular User

I would suggest that you have a professional photographer provide you with pics, especially one that will bring in lights and a wide angle lenses. Many of the pics are dark and are not highlighting the spaciousness of your home.

You may also want to look at Tamarack's pics of their models to give you a better idea of how to take your pics.
Old 2013-09-08, 12:34 PM
Regular User

Do you have a newer pic of the front of the house? The one you have there shows a wet driveway and soil patches in the lawn. It's kind of distracting for me.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2013-09-08, 02:06 PM
Regular User

Great house and I love the wall colours! I would just add

1. Remove a set of drawers in the room with the day bed. Too much furniture in there.
2. I would also consider removing for photos and viewings the AV unit by the TV in the family room. It would make more of a feature of the fireplace imho.

Old 2013-09-08, 06:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxborough View Post
I would suggest that you have a professional photographer provide you with pics, especially one that will bring in lights and a wide angle lenses. Many of the pics are dark and are not highlighting the spaciousness of your home.

You may also want to look at Tamarack's pics of their models to give you a better idea of how to take your pics.
Just want to add that we listed with Grapevine last year and they provided a photographer (probably a sub-contractor). His name is Jeff I remember and he did a wonderful job taking pictures of our place with wide-angle lenses.