Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2013-08-23, 05:21 PM
Regular User

Default Anyone in new Urbandale Bridlewood development?

Hi

We are thinking of building an Oakview and are wondering if anyone has chosen this model. There is no model home to view.

Thanks
Old 2013-08-23, 11:05 PM
Regular User

Hi there, we are also building an Oakview but in RSS. We are just finalizing our design center selection next week.
Old 2013-08-23, 11:49 PM
Regular User

Congratulations! We love the layout ( on paper) of the Oakview since we have a young family and its so open. Do you mind telling me if you made many structural changes? I was wondering if they could remove the wall/pillar between the kitchen island and the great room.
Old 2013-08-25, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Default Re

Yes we fell in love with the layout on paper also! Very nice house
We did quite a few structural change and the wall where the kitchen island is we were told that we could not delete it because of numerous havac, plumbing and electrical going thru.

Did you see the pics of the Oakview finished on this board? It's helps to visualize. I believe oakview102 had posted them.
Old 2013-08-25, 09:45 PM
Regular User

Do you mind me asking what structural changes you made? We were thinking terrace doors in the kitchen and cantilevering the fireplace. Also undecided about whether to turn the walk-in closet in the mud room into a regular closet so that the mud room itself is bigger.
Old 2013-08-25, 09:47 PM
Regular User

Oh and I did check out Oakview102 's pics, thanks. I love the kitchen!!
Old 2013-08-25, 09:59 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samvic View Post
Hi there, we are also building an Oakview but in RSS. We are just finalizing our design center selection next week.
Congrats! Whereabouts in RSS?
Old 2013-08-27, 05:11 PM
Regular User

It sounds beautiful Samvic. Making your design choices will be fun. If we go ahead I might re-think the terrace doors but we weren't thinking of extending the cabinets so maybe we could get away with it . We're waiting to see what lots are available in the next phase. Currently the only 44ft lots they have would be on a busy street and with 2 very young kids that isn't what we're looking for.
Old 2013-08-27, 06:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samvic View Post
We also went back and forth about turning the walk-in closet in the mud room to a regular closet.... But then decided to leave it because the closet in the main entrance is not that big so I think with 3 kids we will need the extra storage. I also wanted the terrace doors instead of sliding but was advised against it because of the size of the dinette and the fact that we wanted to add kitchen cabinets, we were scared that there would not be enough room to open the terrace door.

We did the free standing bathtub in the master suite, 3x4 tiled shower with frameless glass door, added windows on garage doors, added a man door to backyard from garage, made some still windows functional, basement and basement bathroom, open staircase to basement, we also did double full doors in the front entrance.
I would love to see what that 3x4 shower looks like. I originally had it on my upgrades list, but without a picture or even a clear description of what I was paying around $6k for, I decided to scrap it and do it later.
Old 2013-08-27, 10:16 PM
Regular User

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbsGuy View Post
I would love to see what that 3x4 shower looks like. I originally had it on my upgrades list, but without a picture or even a clear description of what I was paying around $6k for, I decided to scrap it and do it later.
The 3x4 shower was arround $2000 for us if I recall correctly... But of course we are getting custom plumbing and tile design so the cost is adding up.