Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2016-03-05, 03:27 PM
Regular User

all bungalows on green gables, not sure on the lot sizes but judging by the age of those homes, I'm guessing 50 ft. Lot 6 is the only available 50 ft lot left where you can have a two storey, and looks like it backs to someone's backyard. I would double check with the office to see which models can actually be put on that lot though, I don't know if it's wide enough for an Elmhurst.
Old 2016-03-05, 03:34 PM
Regular User

Hey SteveR, pm's will work now. I'll message you next week

We back onto the bungalows and I'd guess they are 35-40 foot lots. It's mostly private in our backyard and we will get the advantage of their mature trees in the summer . It's an uniterrupted view out the back from our master bedroom which we like so much as well. Lot 5 is set to be a bungalow for about another year, after that they can build anything on the lot.

Last edited by CobaltBlue; 2016-03-05 at 03:40 PM.
Old 2016-03-05, 05:12 PM
Regular User

OK interesting. I guess I have no choice but to wait for the next release. I'm not sure I will even end up there seeing spring is coming and more houses will enter the market. I do love those homes though. Do either of you work downtown or for the Gov't at Tunney's? Just curious about commute length.

Thanks for taking the time to send me pics CobaltBlue. I'm super curious to see what the Elmhurst looks like with that wall. I love everything about the home but my wife has reservations it won't be open enough for her liking. Personally I think I may kind of like a bit of separation.

Enjoy the weekend guys.
Old 2016-03-05, 07:23 PM
Regular User

Both my hubby and I work downtown. The commute will be a huge pain in the behind compared with where we are now. We are gonna try out the bus but something tells me we will end up driving.
Old 2016-03-05, 08:14 PM
Regular User

Ducklings, we'll definitely take each other on tours then Which colour brick are you leaning towards?

SteveR, we don't work downtown but I think the drive is fine if you leave before 7:15. I believe a lot of people take the bus as well.
Old 2016-03-07, 05:42 PM
Regular User

I have no idea! Literally signed the paper one week ago so nothing is happening yet, but hopefully something is happening soon cuz I can't stop thinking about it!
Old 2016-03-08, 08:34 AM
Regular User

LOL well it'll be the first thing you need to decide so go to the design centre and start looking them over. We took pictures of all the options and reviewed them at home and narrowed it down. They might restrict you on choosing the same package as the house next to you but maybe not since you're a different model and it will show differently.
Old 2016-03-08, 07:24 PM
Regular User

Good to know! I will take pics next time I'm there. How do you find the garage ceiling insulation? Is the room above the garage noticeably colder than the rest of the home?
Old 2016-03-08, 08:39 PM
Regular User

Not at all, those rooms are quite warm actually. When we had the extremely cold days the room above the den with the corner window was much colder than either of the rooms above the garage.
Old 2016-03-08, 08:43 PM
Regular User

You'll also have the sun on the front of your house all day so that will help to warm up your master bedroom as well