Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-11-11, 06:35 PM

Default Half Moon Bay West - Barrhaven - Mattamy

I'm starting a new topic for Half moon bay West

so after I researched the market for long time, I went with mattamy again, my first home was with Mattamy, bought in 2016, we figured out we needed a bigger house.

Although i had my complains about mattamy, but you get what you paid for, they are the cheapest in price compared to minto and others, also their quality is much much better.

my biggest thing I hate about mattamy, is the spaces between houses I HATE IT. but we had to go with them again compared with others
Price was the best value for money
we tried mattamy with our first home, experience was not perfect but was not bad either.
The floor plans, we got the westlynn, I know the trend is open space, but L loved caivan but their open concept was ano to us.

Things we had to close our eyes :the spaces between homes, they are the minimum like 4 feet from one side and 2 feet from the other. thats almost a townhome not a single

Things I noticed and made us happier with our new purchase that mattamy, added new things to their standards, air conditioning, eavestroughs, and smart home thermostart, Ecobee 4

our lot is backing to the pound that is connected to jockvale river, we had to pay premium 40K. our closing is july 2020

lets keep this thread to updates all home of progress, issues , ideas etc...
Old 2018-11-13, 03:16 PM
Regular User

You outgrew your house in 2 years? They're the cheapest, you get what you pay for and their quality is much much better?
Old 2018-11-13, 09:57 PM

Yes it was bad planning on our side....

I meant that the quality is not bad compared to what you pay. Reasonable, ofcourse the are not the best.