Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2006-12-08, 11:26 AM
Regular User

Default Any car guys bringing there projects home?

Anyone going to have a car project when they move in?
Old 2006-12-08, 11:50 AM
Regular User

Default Car Projects

My truck is an ongoing project Ha Ha, so anyone who enjoys fixing large dents, or possibly rolling a truck off a cliff in flames (for a small fee) is welcome to come to my house.

I supply beer, bbq, poker games and fooseball.
Old 2006-12-08, 01:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor
Anyone going to have a car project when they move in?
I'm looking forward to having a garage. Now I can fix all the scratches and dents in a semi-warm garage.
Old 2006-12-08, 08:00 PM
Regular User

I'm just looking forward to not having to scrape ice and snow off my car in the winter...
Old 2006-12-10, 06:29 PM
Regular User

I have a VW bus...

LOL! Unfortunatly It doesn't fit in the warm garage. I have a ton of cars, so It might look like 50 people live there! hahahaha.

I am actually looking for a mid 60's beetle if anyone knows of anyone that has one? I have an engine, but alas no car!

Cheers
Old 2006-12-12, 05:01 AM
Regular User

I'm always working on my little sleeper'esc tuner.
seldom now with dedication on saving for the downpayment... but for sure it will be an ongoing project in my garage.

Justin S.
__________________________________________________ ___
WM | PIII | L101 | 14 GOUDIE CRES. | LAKETON A | 01.24.2008
Old 2006-12-12, 02:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor
I have a VW bus...

LOL! Unfortunatly It doesn't fit in the warm garage. I have a ton of cars, so It might look like 50 people live there! hahahaha.

I am actually looking for a mid 60's beetle if anyone knows of anyone that has one? I have an engine, but alas no car!

Cheers
schwimwagon dude, schwimwagon.
Old 2006-12-15, 11:51 AM
Regular User

Default mmmmmm

So I just found out that my dream project car is going to get it's roof cut off.

Long story short... Big VW fan. I found a gauage for a 63 beetle with my Birthday stamped on it. So I have had this thing for sometime now. I really wanted to build a car from sratch, basically build a driver for the summer. I found a guy online that had a 63 beetle called a rag top. I has a canvas top on the roof that slifes, not like a convertible, but still rather cool. I know how to weld and stuff. So I did care if it needed a ton of welding. Anyways, I knew the guy mentioned that he had sold the roof. He gave me a price of $500 complete for the car. Now I find out he is cutting the roof off and selling me the car for allot less for the rest of it. I was hoping for a complete car, it's not like I want to graft a new roof on this thing. The bad thing is that these cars are very hard to find up here. Oh well, what can I do? Have someone ship a roof from the US? I don't think any junk yards even have them up here. Regardless I am looking at the car this weekend. I will post pictures... oh sad day!
Old 2006-12-15, 11:53 AM
Regular User

I would love to build a ww2 beelte.. .that would be fun! But I would be concerned with the locals not finding it funny or historical. I bet most of the people don't know that beetles were used by the army and what a kubelwagen is or a swimm. LOL!
Old 2006-12-15, 11:54 AM
Regular User

Anyone have a motorcycle? Is there any good places (Meaning safe) to ride in Stouffville? I have a friend with a Harley and I have a retro CB350 that was just restored this summer. It's fun, but heavy and kills your wrists.