Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2007-04-26, 02:20 PM

Red face Upgrade prices from urbandale?

This is my first post in this forum, but I have read a great deal of posts and none mentions anything about Urbandale. I'm specifically interested in their prices for upgrades (such as, hardwood stain, ceramics, etc.). Any info. is greatly appreciated, as I and my wife having hard time deciding if we should or should not go with Urbandale. Urbandale gives no info. about their upgrade prices...makes it very difficult to compare with other candidate builders.
Old 2007-04-26, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Welcome!

Most builders are pretty tight lip about the cost for upgrades, until you buy.

I know very little about Urbandale. Maybe one option would be to find out where the design center is, and drop in for a visit. They may have a price list there for you. Or maybe at least give you an idea what the cost would be for the upgrades you are looking for.

Where are you planning to buy? What other builders are you looking at?
Old 2007-04-26, 03:41 PM

I've already visited their Design Centre, and got no help at all. The minute they realize you haven't signed a purchase agreement, they switch to the "vagueness" gear.

We're planning to purchase in Notting Gate Orleans, and we're interested in the Solana III home.
Old 2007-04-26, 03:58 PM
Regular User

The rule of thumb generally is if it's a structural change then most people will upgrade with the builder. If it's a cosmetic change or something that can be done afterwards it's cheaper to go with an independent contractor.