Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2005-04-13, 07:02 AM
Regular User

Default Wheler's Mill progress vs. MOM progress

HEY!,

I went buy the sites yesterday and the Wheler's mill site seems to be moving along at a very nice pace! Street lamps are in and it looks like they are about ready to start digging foundations.

When are their closings? Doesn't seem fair. I should have got a Wheler's mill place instaed of MOM...

Looks like they'll pour foundation in the summer too as opposed to the middle of winter for the MOM people... :? great, does that mean our basments are going to crack and shift like crazy?
Old 2005-04-13, 09:36 AM
Regular User

i think all the stuff right by the sales office are all towns and semis. our lot is way off closer to hwy48 and doesn't close until Aug06 but i know the stuff closer to 9th had closings this summer.

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2005-04-13, 05:43 PM
Regular User

I read somewhere that the first closings in Wheler's are in August. The key ingredient for closing of houses is still the sewer, which won't be finished until July (at the earliest).

Unfortunately, MoM's developer is not moving quickly and I think is still a bit leary of starting work before sewer completion. I was told that the earliest closing dates for MoM were March 06.

J
Old 2005-04-26, 12:30 PM
Regular User

We bought in Wheler's Mill in November 2004....our house closes March 2006....that is if evrything goes right.
Old 2005-04-27, 04:08 PM
Regular User

hey gizmo......
have you picked your brick????
Old 2005-04-27, 04:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m
hey gizmo......
have you picked your brick????
we have not picked anything (not officially anyways) we don't close until Aug 2006 so we haven't had any appointments yet.

The brick is one of the few things that i worry about. From what I've heard we either pick our top three, or the one or two that we couldn't live with and the builder does their best, but because the development is controlled it's possible that you won't get your first choice. Something about not having too many houses in a row with the same brick. Most of the choices are ok, but i have this bad dream where we get one of the nasty ones!

have you picked yours? maybe you can ease my mind a little and tell me they just give you what you want

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2005-04-27, 04:53 PM
Regular User

The Mattamy policy seems to be that you can't have the same brick as two houses on either side of you and the house directly accross the street.

We got our first choice...

KF
#7 Walter Sangster Road, L4A 0J8
Eldon 'D' - 4 Bedroom
MOVED IN!
http://www.thefrasers.ca/MOM
Old 2005-04-27, 05:04 PM
Regular User

i picked last week...they only asked for 1 choice...we luckily got our first choice, so i was pretty happy about that. I believe your style of house has 3 different style of brick. I guess your choice depends on when you bought your house. I think you will be getting a call soon.
Old 2005-04-27, 07:24 PM
Regular User

was the brick choice part of your upgrade appointments ? i think one house beside us is siding, hopefully we either pick before the other ones or we chose different bricks. never thought about the house accross the street, i'll have to check what model they are putting there next time we are at the sales office. though we have run out of excuses to go there :wink:

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2005-04-27, 09:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
was the brick choice part of your upgrade appointments ? i think one house beside us is siding, hopefully we either pick before the other ones or we chose different bricks. never thought about the house accross the street, i'll have to check what model they are putting there next time we are at the sales office. though we have run out of excuses to go there :wink:
The brick selection is not part of the upgrade selections. It was a quick appointment (about 10 mins for us). You might want to take pictures of the brick so you can narrow down your choices before you pick. You can also use that as you "excuse" to go to the sales center.