Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2008-08-25, 12:21 AM
Regular User

Default Major Mack/Dufferin vs Major Mack / Weston

Which has more potential...?
Old 2008-08-25, 10:01 AM
Regular User

This is definitely subjective to the buyer's personal preferences. The reasons we purchased at Weston and Major Mack..or Major Mack and Pine Valley include:

- I have lived in the area all of my life, therefore, close proximity to family.
- Easy access to the highway, but far enough that I don't have to deal with the noise or traffic.
- Close to major shopping center and other amenities, but again not too close that it will be a bother.
- My home will be located right beside the Kortright Conservation area which will be very serene and precisely what I am looking for. There will be homes going up on the North side (Vaughan Valley) and but nothing to the West which is a big factor in maintaining the level of peace I am looking for. Plus, I love nature
Old 2008-08-25, 12:39 PM
Regular User

From a very narrow and strict real estate point of view, over by Weston is a better choice and the WEST side, not close to the 400. Dufferin has a railway there and was close to a former dump.

I still chose Dufferin because I WANT to be close to the Go Train and wanted to be close to Dufferin to get downtown and hwy 407.

Who knows which will be worth more in 20 years, following the pattern within the GTA, closer to yonge st is better.
Old 2008-08-25, 01:09 PM
Regular User

I also bought at Dufferin & Major Mac. because of the neighbourhood and potential. I saw houses being flipped for more than $100k more than it's purchase price close to my street. Arcadia is right, properties are higher in prices when you go closer to Yonge. That's why Bathurst and Major Mac. houses are 30k -50k more for the same kind of houses. Also the fact that the go train is only 1km away from my house is a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseCombs View Post
Weston is very bad for traffic at pretty much all times on all days, not just rush hour, but it is closer to the 400.

I bought at Dufferin/Major Mac. also because it's a very diverse area and because I think it will be more prestigous - 2 expensive golf courses, mansions just to the north, surrounded by the Oak Ridges Morraine, etc.

Old 2008-08-25, 01:47 PM
Regular User

I guess the area amenities are different for every person / family.

I checked out the Dufferin area, however, no offence, but being close to the old landfill kinda made me uncomfortable.

But as you guys say, they're building 2 new golf courses there and mansions are there already, the area must be booming and hopefully our area as a whole, (vaughan) continues to prosper...

Who are your builders, when are your closing dates and the price range of the area if you don't mind me asking..?
Old 2008-08-26, 10:52 AM
Regular User

I live at Dufferin and Major Mac and like it... It is difficult to compare as they both have a lot to offer... Personally I bought at Dufferin because I used to live in Woodbridge and I am not crazy for what it has become..
Old 2008-08-26, 01:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetownsend74 View Post
I live at Dufferin and Major Mac and like it... It is difficult to compare as they both have a lot to offer... Personally I bought at Dufferin because I used to live in Woodbridge and I am not crazy for what it has become..
What has it become? I too miss the days when it was mostly field and homes here and there....
Old 2008-08-27, 07:13 PM
Regular User

Woodbridge used to be mostly big homes and lots of field and farms. I just find that Woodbridge has become to conjested but I guess you could say that for all of Vaughan in general. I mean Dufferin and Major Mac is no better in terms of conjestion. Woodbridge used to be different but now it does not seem like that anymore.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:45 AM
Regular User

I saw a pirice list for Tiffany park at Valleybrooke Estates and they seem to offer very good value. IMO, this would be a good buy..
Old 2011-12-14, 03:37 PM

Smile Major Mac/Weston Royal Pine HOmes Development

Hi everyone, we just purchased a new semi/town through Royal Pine Homes, due to be completed next summer. I am interested to hear from anyone in the same situation or someone that has already moved in! Always good to hear of your experiences so if there's anything positive we could learn, feel free to pass it on! We are about to have our structural meeting and go look at the Decor Centre. Thanks LinLaz