Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2021-01-17, 11:43 PM
Regular User

Default Urbandale singles pricing?

Does anyone have any relatively up-to-date pricing for Urbandale singles (specifically in Riverside South)? Web site shows nothing available right now and Iím looking to ballpark future release pricing.

Thanks!
Old 2021-01-18, 11:07 AM

Smile Urbandale Riverside South 44 lots

Here is a mini release for 44' from June 2020 in RSS.

KELOWNA
Pacific Series / Horizon Series
$770,900 / $798,900

HILLSBORO
$789,900 / $817,900

TACOMA
$804,900 / $832,900

PORTLAND
Pacific Series $811,900
PORTLAND Horizon Series $839,900
Old 2021-01-18, 04:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbsGuy View Post
Does anyone have any relatively up-to-date pricing for Urbandale singles (specifically in Riverside South)? Web site shows nothing available right now and Iím looking to ballpark future release pricing.

Thanks!
Do yourself a favor, stay away from Urbandale. I'm about a year delayed and no end in site. I was promised next week. and now I am told likely April again.

The units that have been occupied have deficiencies that are fire hazards. the buyers are going through hell.

You are going to get lots of deficiencies, lots of headaches and an arrogant site manger who will talk down to you.

Everyone I know that bought Richcraft is doing so much better.

I made the the mistake in buying Urbandale. I hope you don't make the same mistake.
Old 2021-01-19, 11:28 AM
Regular User

I am so sorry to hear about your trouble. This just indicates that problems could happen to any builders, even the good one. Urbandale used to be really reputable. I think it all depends on the site manager. The good ones pay attention to details and force the contractors to do their job. And that is very hard nowadays with the tight labour market. Everyone tries to cut corner where they can.

I've heard horror stories recently on houses in Orleans (another builder). Mould, leak in the basement and so on. It's really hit and miss nowadays, which is crazy considering the price people are paying for the house.
Old 2021-01-21, 11:58 AM
Regular User

I hope I am wrong. I am expecting a lot more stories of shoddy construction during the pandemic. I feel for everyone going through this as the gov't has basically given the builders full leeway to do as they please. And it appears that some are. There seems to be a huge disconnect from the current sales frenzy and the build quality/home delivery point. I wonder if more people knew about this would sales be as robust?
Old 2021-01-22, 11:16 PM
Regular User

Someone posted on reddit couple days ago that lumber cost itself increase by $30,000 for each house in 2020. That would definitely affect the final price of the house. That person also suspect another $30K increase this year. Just crazy.