Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-04-07, 06:57 PM
Regular User

Default Cambridge news today April 7 2008

http://news.therecord.com/News/Canad...article/333291 Hey guys and gals! looks like it will be summer at earliest when they start to built the houses! There is alot of work to do with the blasting for pipework and all! check out this recent article from today and it should make things more clearer! Whatever it takes to make our neighbourhood great!

Last edited by Style; 2008-04-07 at 07:06 PM.
Old 2008-04-09, 03:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymaeby View Post
This is good to know - hopefully it will also mean the roads around the new development will improve as well - we were up there again last Saturday and we noticed Guelph Ave needs some work.

Also, does anyone know if the city is planning to improve the bridge at Blackbridge Road? (Like make it 2 lanes?)

PS - 2 days ago marked exactly 1 year to closing - 363 days to go now!
I heared some rumours that Black Ridge bridge would need to be reinforced (to accomodate the increased traffic) but I dont know about widened. Im sure they will fix up Guelph Ave. though.

Congrats on the 1 year mark!!

Old 2008-04-11, 06:08 PM
Regular User

Default More news from today

Here is another article from todays paper! here it is http://news.therecord.com/article/335226

Last edited by Style; 2008-04-12 at 08:39 AM.
Old 2008-04-14, 03:26 PM
Regular User

Hey all,

I feel bad when I read these articles about the community of people who aren't exactly looking forward to us moving in but since my family is so excited about the move we refuse to be brought down by all the drama. Also it's strange to me to see how quickly folks forget when it was time for their new homes to be built. You can't please everyone can you? Hopefully when the dust literally settles the existing homes will come to at least respect their new neighbours, us! A girl can dream right?

Amanda
Old 2008-04-14, 04:00 PM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aej1973 View Post
Hey all,

I feel bad when I read these articles about the community of people who aren't exactly looking forward to us moving in but since my family is so excited about the move we refuse to be brought down by all the drama. Also it's strange to me to see how quickly folks forget when it was time for their new homes to be built. You can't please everyone can you? Hopefully when the dust literally settles the existing homes will come to at least respect their new neighbours, us! A girl can dream right?

Amanda
I'm with you Amanda!
Especially when the land that Mattamy is building on was allotted to be NEW HOMES!!! It's not like it's something that just "popped" up, It's something that has been planed for years!! I think these people are just mad as they had no one backing onto them for who knows how long are now getting neighbours.
But with the above article, I do agree with the homeowners who's homes are/may get damaged from the blasting and are upset (I know I would be kinda upset!) But it looks like they will get compensated for it, so there is not much more Mattamy can do...

Old 2008-04-17, 09:34 PM
Regular User

This is kinda old but I thought it was interesting....

http://www.cambridgenow.ca/mnps/full...d=34&startat=1

Doesn't look like the site gets updated though...

Old 2008-05-24, 06:29 PM

I just joined the forums today and wanted to add some comments regarding the not so happy neighbours to be. Yes it is going to be disappointing for those who backed onto greenspace and trees not to have that anymore but I'm sure once it is completed and they realize it hasn't just been totally ruined, that there are nice walking pathes, parks etc and of course such amazing new neighbours things will calm down. Also Hespeler (Queen Street) has become a little worn over the years due to factory closures and such. These unhappy people will be quite satisified when Hespeler's population grows and there is more money coming into the community which will eventually be seen in the "downtown" or "main street" of Hespeler, and also lining the pockets of local business owners!! At the end of the day everyone will be happy it's just the change that people don't like!!
Old 2008-07-03, 11:52 PM
Regular User

Guess this forum isnt used anymore! Guess everyone joined the mill pond site from here and are using the Mill pond forums!
Old 2008-07-14, 12:01 PM
Regular User

No no I regularly check this site to see if there are any updates or questions posted.
It's definitely slowed down since the FB site has gone up... but I check both somewhat regularly.

Old 2009-07-04, 01:58 PM

Default Mattamy Homes Mill Pond Environmental Problems

They seem well explained at this site http://deathofawetland.com