Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2014-08-22, 09:40 PM
Regular User

Does anyone know if Bell Fibe internet is avalible in Wildflowers, and if it FTTH or FTTN. It's still awhile till I move in, I'm planning thing now.
Old 2014-09-11, 06:54 PM
Regular User

I got my design booklet this part weekend and visited the design centre. It was a home time and it really shows you that very little comes with the house for free. The real shocker is the kitchen tap, $30 at home depot.
Old 2014-09-15, 01:09 PM
Regular User

Some of the prices for items are shocking!
We found a few items that were just crazy when we compared other stores.

Also i would assume the latest and greatest Rogers and Bell networks would be available. However i have not seen or heard what type of connection the bell fibe system will utilize. Kelsi and I will be signing up with Rogers as we already have our cell phones with them. I have however during our walk arounds seen control boxes on the sides of all the finished homes with Rogers and Bell Labels. Possibly an easier connection for both companies to make when the time comes.

On a different note the construction is moving very fast for those that have not visited in a while. They are already starting foundations on Pineglen. I am assuming the weather is pushing them to have as many foundations done as they can before the snow comes. As it triples the costs to do it when its cold outside. It also appears they have hired a few more framing contractors as the progress is moving very fast all of a sudden with multiple company trailers placed across the site.

It also appears they are starting to extend Ludolph street for the second phase and its intersecting roads.

Very exciting stuff!

Cheers
Old 2014-12-09, 07:40 AM
Regular User

It's been some time for anyone to post. My wife and I have had our apointment at the design centre. Spent most of our money on the stairs with stain to match Hardwood was the biggest money grab, $700 for the guy to grab a different can of stain. (of course, it would have been a real hassle to do it afterwards.

We also got our address too.

I went out yesterday to look at the lot. I saw that Jerermy's lot has a foundation now, must be exciting, and everyone's lot is marked out on our half of Olivia, with the curbs and the first layer of the road paved.

Anyone else with the Indigo conserned about the placement of the electrical panel? The main location is right at the bottom of the stars in the basement with all of the equipment sticking out quite a few inches, walking by it everytime that you go to the basement. And it would be a nightmare to finish everything with all that stuff.
When I signed, I voiced consern, and the sales told me that it would most likely be at the alt location, and the lady at the design centre told me that it all had to do with where the utilities go into the house. Now visiting my lot, the mains are all there waiting for the house to be started, where the one for my place is leading to the side that would get me the unfavorabe location. I'm almost tempted to buy a case of rye and pass bottles out, encouraging everyone to set the panel in the alt location.
Old 2014-12-10, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Hey Lordsxo,

I asked the same question regarding the electrical panel. I was not too concerned with it but i would rather it in the alternate location if possible as well. Good choice on the stairs as we went through the same thought process on upgrades that would be hard/expensive to do later down the road.

As you mentioned we have our foundation now which has been insulated with hay on the floor until framing starts. This week it looks like the porch and stairs are being poured since the weather is cooperating. The framing has started on the last house to the right of ours (towards ludolph st.) which is exciting knowing that they are on our side of the street now!
We are waiting for our Mattamy University invitation to come in the mail. Usually 3 - 5 months before closing day.

Lordsxo when is your closing day if you dont mind me asking? I believe Amanda mentioned May which is only one month after mine.
We will attempt to keep you all posted on progress of Olivia st. as Kelsi and I tend to visit every Saturday and do not currently live very far away.

Cheers,

Kelsi/Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsxo View Post
It's been some time for anyone to post. My wife and I have had our apointment at the design centre. Spent most of our money on the stairs with stain to match Hardwood was the biggest money grab, $700 for the guy to grab a different can of stain. (of course, it would have been a real hassle to do it afterwards.

We also got our address too.

I went out yesterday to look at the lot. I saw that Jerermy's lot has a foundation now, must be exciting, and everyone's lot is marked out on our half of Olivia, with the curbs and the first layer of the road paved.

Anyone else with the Indigo conserned about the placement of the electrical panel? The main location is right at the bottom of the stars in the basement with all of the equipment sticking out quite a few inches, walking by it everytime that you go to the basement. And it would be a nightmare to finish everything with all that stuff.
When I signed, I voiced consern, and the sales told me that it would most likely be at the alt location, and the lady at the design centre told me that it all had to do with where the utilities go into the house. Now visiting my lot, the mains are all there waiting for the house to be started, where the one for my place is leading to the side that would get me the unfavorabe location. I'm almost tempted to buy a case of rye and pass bottles out, encouraging everyone to set the panel in the alt location.
Old 2014-12-10, 06:36 PM

Hi!

We just got our mattamy u invitation today. Jan 22 at the holiday inn. We also go down once a week because we're only a few minutes away now. Other than the curb and road paving not much going on on our side. Our close date is May 21.

Let me know if you're going to mattamy u. Would be great to meet in person!

Amanda
Old 2014-12-10, 10:32 PM
Regular User

I'm a little more than conserned about the panel. The entire panel takes a large amount of wall space and sticks out a good foot from the wall and it's not something that you want to brush up against every time that you walk by. Short of folding chairs, you'll have a tough time putting furniture in the basement.

I would love to know the criteria to have the panel at the alt location.

Our closing is set for May 14th Jeremy, I imagine that we'll have our mattamy u thing about the same time.

I go by and visit once in a while. It was cool to see the curb with the driveway cutout, but there is a transformer in front of my lot now, at least it's flush with ground and not a hydrent.
Old 2014-12-11, 11:55 AM
Regular User

I would assume our Mattamy U session would be soon. Probably Jan. 22nd like Amanda mentioned. Strange that we have not received our invite as of yet. I would think we would all be together. Should look into booking that day off work as it is fast approaching. Will be nice to meet you all!

EDIT: It was in my mail box when i went home for lunch! So we will see you there!

Last edited by J3r3my590; 2014-12-11 at 02:28 PM.
Old 2014-12-12, 09:33 PM
Regular User

LOL, Got our post card today. It looks like we'll all be there for the same day. I have
been looking forward to all these extras that you get with a new build!
Old 2015-01-06, 11:04 AM
Regular User

Hello everyone!

Have not posted in a while and a lot has changed in the last few weeks.

The neighbor to my left has the framing of the house almost complete now. It has only been about 4 working days since they started. I have also noticed building materials placed around our area with lot numbers on them. One pile is ours which is very exciting!!!
As for the other areas. It appears that Amanda and Lordsxo's lots have been dug for the cables and cleared. Should not be long before foundations start to go up depending on weather obviously.
We now have a playground, swings, and monkey bars set up across the street (ludolph) which looks awesome. Mattamy has updated the map that is showed on the website for the area and lots. They now have new lots open however I am not sure if they are for sale as of yet.

On a different note, i am curious if either Amanda or Lordsxo have your lawyers set up and know costs. If so and you would not mind sharing that info.
As this is Kelsi and I's first home we are a little in the dark of how that works and its processes. We did grab a brochure from the sales centre recommending some lawyers in the area with decent prices.

Also has anyone estimated the closing costs they are expecting?
Curious what we all came up with.

Cheers,

Kelsi/Jeremy