Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-03-19, 09:41 AM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)

Thanks so much Style.
I was anticipating the opening at the end of the month, but whats a couple more days =S
My bf and I will definatly be there a couple times. I change my mind often and I need to see it a million times before coming to a decision I can live with LOL
I am in the same boat as the who of you, I want progress to be made and move in next week, but I also like the fact I still have time to save up money $$ Can't have the best of both worlds unfortunatly.

I am sure once the weather is nicer, and they break ground, time will fly!!!!

I can't wait until Mattamy University also =) I think I will be super excited with anything relating to the house haha

Old 2008-03-20, 06:05 PM
Regular User

Hey did you future neighbours get the postcard by mattamy thanking you for trusting them with the building of your new home! : } Great to know that at least they know we are alive and I am seeing something for them taking my deposit money! : } Well hopefully soon we will get the show on the road but on my way to Windsor this weekend I will be sure to exit Townline have a look then get back on at #24! : } Regardless little things like make you appreciate a great builder who has no problem selling their brand in todays market.
Old 2008-03-24, 05:40 PM
Regular User

Default Very excited!

We purchased the Victoria, elevation A model a few weeks ago. We're lot 171 and very excited to have purchased when we did. Im looking forward to the design center opening.
Old 2008-03-24, 06:08 PM
Regular User

Welcome lauren and congrats on that! We also purchased the Victoria Elevation B! We are lot 3 on phase 3! Did you get any upgrades! We got the fireplace option in the family room and upgraded to a 4th bedroom and upgraded ensuite! When is your closing date! It is great to see another fellow victoria purchaser! Look forward to seeing you at the design centre and all the best! Do you live in cambridge now or are you a commuter like the rest of us?
Old 2008-03-25, 09:39 AM
Regular User

Hi!

We're from Waterloo but my husband works in oakville so this will shorten his commute. I work in kitchener so my commute will be roughly the same. As for upgrades, we did the chef's kitchen, fireplace, 9 ft ceilings, and super shower. We kept the office loft at the top of the stairs. We plan to do hardwood throughout main and some upstairs, potlights, and other decorative upgrades as well. I think it's going to be fabulous. I was totally amazed at the pricing for this model, seems like a steal compared to Waterloo! We're listing our place right now and will rent once we sell. Our closing date for the victoria is March 26th 2009, which is 366 days from today and also happens to be my birthday. It'd be nice if they stuck to that date

I think this is going to be an amazing place to live. Hespeler village needs some work but Im happy to hear that a waterloo invester purchased the old american standard factory by the river and is renovating it to be condos and retail space. That will reallky kickstart improvements in the village.

Lauren
Old 2008-03-25, 03:51 PM
Regular User

Hi Everyone,

I too also got the little mailing card =) Good to see they haven't forgotten about us yet.

I went by on Saturday and they have moved all the huge machinery and dug up the ground some more. I think I will be super excited when I start seeing more work on it as well as a little tag where lot #145 will be =) (And I'll look out for all of your lots too lol) Now if only this snow will stop coming down as they will only work on it when it gets warmer I am sure.

Welcome Laurenlaba =) Glad to have your join our small but growing group!!
Like I had said before, I love the Victoria model (it was our second choice) but I think for just the 2 of us, the Hillcrest suited us better. Wow still over a year away.. I remember when our house was still a year away! Ours is just over 10 months away now! I am so excited!!!

I know as soon as May 2-4 rolls around and my cottage opens, time is going to fly by for sure! After cottage season is Christmas and then it's house time!!! I am trying ever so hard not to shop for items for the house yet but it's just so tempting. I love to shop and I love bargains... It's been pretty hard not to shop. I rent out a storage room and that too is getting pretty full!

Is anyone here buying new appliances or any large purchases for their house? Maybe we could try and do a (Small) group purchase? Just a thought I am throwing out there. I don't plan on buying my large items until Dec08/Jan09 as I would want something current and the best pricing possible.

Old 2008-03-25, 08:56 PM
Regular User

Im excited to hear the gates are going up!

When we made our offer and brought in the cheque I sat down with the sales woman and selected the architechtural upgrades. There were a few options which needed to be selected at the point of purchase but things like hardwood, carpet, etc. that's all done at the design center.

As for the idea about appliances, I think that's a really good idea. I found a great deal on some LG stainless appliances, I think there from the Brick, but if its possible to get a bulk deal, Im for that.
Old 2008-03-26, 10:46 AM
Regular User

When we went to purchase our home they said we could do the architechtural upgrades later on but since we went into the sales office fully knowing exactly what we wanted we figured we would put it on the agreement right there and then. We had gone to the sales office a week after the grand opening for the 34's - Which happened to be the opening of the 40's and 50 lots - so hectic!!! We spent 2 1/2 hours in line and then another 3-4 inside =S So we figured since we are already going through this craziness we would add it all at once!

The Cellar and door to the garage had to be added later. We tried adding it then too but they said that they don't have finalized pricing on the cellar (They think it will be $2,000) and the door to the garage would be included (Free I guess) provide the grade permits. I really want the door, so I asked is it often that it the grade "doesn't" permit and they said no. I guess we would finalixe those things in May at the Design Centre?

Ohhh I would love SS Appliances =) I guess we shall have to see what they have to offer closer to our dates. I think we could potentially order 6 months in advance, but I would prefer to order closer to the date so that way I know for sure if there are any delays or not.

Old 2008-03-26, 02:27 PM
Regular User

Talking

Awww babymaeby I just noticed your profile picture. Your puppy is sooo cute!!!!!

Yea I don't see why they would give us the option to make upgrades then or later. (Well they were actually trying to force us to choose later but we didn't want to go through any extra hassle and we already knew 100% what we wanted!) But I don't see it being a problem since they kept telling us we could do it later. I am sure they would try and push the upgrades? I just think becuase it was hectic they just wanted signatures and cash

Isn't it scarry how fast time flies? When we bought it about 13 months away and now it's 10 and a bit! Crazy!

Old 2008-03-28, 05:31 PM

Hey everyone! My wife and I just finalized our purchase of a Mattamy Home in Mill Pond. This will be our first "new" house and we are both very excited and pleased with Mattamy's quality. We are on lot 60 and we got the Riverside elevation B. Good to see a forum for future residents of Mill Pond. Hope everyone has fun in the next couple of months planning the final details of their home!