Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-07-03, 09:47 PM
Regular User

Default Roof vent for garage?

I was wondering if anyone installed a vent on the garage roof.

It's a 3 door garage and it's extremely hot, and all this heat is trapped with nowhere to go.
We have a room that sits on the back half of the garage and it's quite hot as well.
Would a vent installed on the roof of the garage cool the garage and subsequently the room above it?
Old 2019-07-05, 05:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8day View Post
I was wondering if anyone installed a vent on the garage roof.

It's a 3 door garage and it's extremely hot, and all this heat is trapped with nowhere to go.
We have a room that sits on the back half of the garage and it's quite hot as well.
Would a vent installed on the roof of the garage cool the garage and subsequently the room above it?
A few years ago I built a detached man cave of a garage. Never has a vehicle tarnished it's beautiful floor lol. Anyways, I installed 2 Maximum Ventilation 301 vents on the peak of the roof. This vent normally is installed on the slope of the roof but the company was good enough to provide me with bases that allowed me to install them on the ridge. Not only do they look great but I'm pretty sure the hottest air goes out the vents. Of course, that may not bode well in the winter when it's nice to keep some warm air in there.

Check out this link. They are a great company with great products.

http://www.ventilation-maximum.com/f...f-ventilators/

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector; 2019-07-05 at 06:43 PM.