Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-07-11, 02:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
I don't live near Minto Harmony but did email them about potential future phases in Barrhaven.

As usual, the sales rep were pretty vague but they did note that there will be a Harmony Phase 3 and Riversbend Phase 2. They did not specify where but looks like they are expanding in Barrhaven "Main" (just to differentiate from Barrhaven South Quinn's Pointe) in the upcoming year...

Previously, I had never heard of a Harmony Phase 3, so this "new" info could represent that area that they recently purchase (if that is true)
The idea of a Phase 3 is new to me, and I'm assuming is the said parcel. Phase 2 is the construction west of the proposed French high school.
Old 2019-07-11, 02:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk9088 View Post
Is it a big road running west-to-east? I think that road is the Chapman Mills extension (which yes, does include a proposed future BRT lane in the middle). I'm assuming this according to the site map anyways.

Btw speaking of that, anyone know anything new about the BRT timeline? I don't really take the bus that often but it'd be nice to have that option.

Also hope the Chapman Mills extension to Barrhaven Town Centre gets completed soon without too much delay. Not a big deal to just go up to Strandherd and across to town centre, but would be nice to be able to go directly down Chapman Mills instead. Well, just hoping it doesn't get delayed 10+ years like the Greenbank realignment did.
Yes, it does run East to West. I'm assuming it is the Chapman Mills extension.. If I had a drone, then maybe I could trace if the road is connected to the current Chapman Mills road

And no, I don't have the specifics of the BRT timeline.
Old 2019-07-11, 06:43 PM
Regular User

Funny timing: since I'm signed up for Minto email alerts, I just got an email this afternoon saying they are sold out of Harmony Phase 2 and will be releasing Phase 3 in 2020.

I'm guessing they are happy to share more info with the public now if they are announcing it in the email blasts. If anyone ends up dropping by the Minto sales centre to confirm where phase 3 will be, keep us updated!

I skimmed through the Caivan documents that were previously posted and it seemed to imply the area is only single family homes, wonder if that will stay the same or if Minto will add townhomes to this phase (since I imagine they are able to make a lot more money off the townhomes).
Old 2019-07-11, 08:14 PM
Regular User

Got the same email, and thought the samething too..
Old 2019-07-12, 08:48 AM
Regular User

Yup, got the same email... weird coincidence lol.

Minto Harmony website also mentions it (still no location). It did say it will begin "Early 2020", so I'm guessing Spring 2020.. with closing in 2021.

https://www.minto.com/ottawa/new-hom...mony/main.html
Old 2019-07-12, 08:54 AM
Regular User

So I also just checked the Caivan website, just in case they have any news...

Looks like they are now advertising a new location "The Ridge" which looks like is in the Half Moon Bay area (below Jock River)/Barrhaven South.

Like I mention before, with Minto's Harmony, Riversbend, Quinn's Pointe, Claridge upcoming Watter's Pointe, Tamarack's The Meadows, Mattamy's HMB and HMB West, Richcraft building Condos behind Home Depot, and Caivan's The Conservancy and now The Ridge... Barrhaven is going to get extremely busy and noisy around Greenbank Road. Must think Greenbank re-alignment needs to be a priority now.

https://caivan.com/communities/theridge/register/
Old 2019-07-12, 09:27 AM
Regular User

Condos behind the Home Depot? Didn't know that.. I remember reading about some commercial development going up behind the Home Depot, that was a few months ago.. Maybe I read it incorrectly and it was condos..
Old 2019-07-12, 09:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_dogs View Post
Condos behind the Home Depot? Didn't know that.. I remember reading about some commercial development going up behind the Home Depot, that was a few months ago.. Maybe I read it incorrectly and it was condos..
This was what I found on the City of Ottawa site, published in February 2019.
https://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans...appId=__ABD7YO
Quote:
The City of Ottawa has received a Draft Plan of Subdivision and Zoning By-Law Amendment by Richcraft Homes for the purpose of developing a mix of residential and commercial blocks with new streets and a public park
Also you can check the map here.. looks like condos or 3 story towns on the left?
http://webcast.ottawa.ca/plan/All_Im...16-18-0034.PDF
Old 2019-07-12, 10:59 AM
Regular User

Interesting, thanks for sharing that. I'll have to figure out what i was reading then lol!

Any idea what does "CRU's" mean? I see that labeled on many buildings in the last link
Old 2019-07-12, 11:58 AM
Regular User

http://ottwatch.ca/devapps?since=999