Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-03-30, 01:19 PM
Regular User

oh just driving by the cemetary (which is scary) and the dump, that smelled pretty bad during winter.
and also i take the bus to work and prefer being close to more common public transportation. the only thing good about that place was that it was closer to my parents' than where im moving now.

had nothing to do with the builders. oh actually with richcraft we would have to wait too long before getting the house and didnt want to pay rent in an apartment, minto had the closing dates we wanted for this summer but just the location overall. and then reading here about the dump just scared me.

but i know a LOT of people who are moving there and completely fine with it. to each their own =)

Old 2011-04-04, 09:30 AM

Default Thanks LucyR and D&G Home for your answers

We Finally bought Minto Townhouse closing date november 23.

Old 2011-04-08, 06:18 PM

Hi all!

We have just bought a Minto Townhouse at Trailsedge! Our closing date is August 31st.

Nice to 'meet' other people who will be in the same community

Suze
Old 2011-04-18, 12:50 PM

Yes, it seems that people buying in Trails Edge are community oriented maybe because it is a small community in a beautiful environment. I can't wait to move in.
Old 2011-04-24, 09:49 AM
Regular User

Default re:

Lucy, which model did you go with?

We're looking at the Stonemark somewhere mid-way through the current released street but having a tough time with the community layout being 2 streets of singles, many, many townhomes, then almost exclusively singles again as you go west. Not sure how that's all going to look in the end.

It's hard to picture it all, but I still think that $ for $, it's very reasonable when you compare what's included to other builders' base prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyR View Post
Hey all,

Tonight my new hubby and I reserved our lot for the new TrailsEdge Richcraft build off Navan/Page Road. The sale's not final yet but we're really excited about it and look forward to hearing from some of our potential neighbours on this thing.

So speak up!

Old 2011-04-26, 08:09 AM
Regular User

Hi Baycrest, we went with the Foxborough model, 4 bedroom. I completely loved the Stonemark model and will be jelaous if you get it!

I know what you mean abut the initial community layout; it wasn't quite was I was expecting. That said, I think it could look really nice. We'll see I guess!

I hope you go for it!
Old 2011-05-10, 09:28 AM
Regular User

Well, we have wrapped up our first set of upgrades – the ‘B’ schedule (included things like appliance openings, hood fan, railings and staircases, lighting, closets, and exterior package). So far, I’m pretty happy with the choices and pricing, but not in two areas.

Firstly, I’m not at all happy with the exterior choices. There are not a ton of options, and far too many of them include dark green or dark purple doors (front and garage). I mean come on, it’s 2011. Move on from these colours! The little colour boards don’t really give you an idea of what the house will truly look like, and their binder of photos of homes with the various packages is seriously lacking (some missing completely, others not clear on whether paint colours on doors were part of package or if the buyer upgraded). I was told to drive around a Richcraft community to find exterior packages I liked, then they could look up the house and the package. I found two homes with colours I loved – both discontinued. I really feel that we ended up settling with the exterior choice, which is unfortunate as it’s the outside of the house!! Not something we can easily cover up or modify. Although I will definitely be painting my doors.

Secondly, the range hood. My hubby and I have always known that we wanted a nice grand chimney hood, but we assumed we would buy a nice one ourselves, and have it installed later. Nope! Not possible. In order to modify the venting to accommodate a chimney fan, the builder requires that you buy the fan through them (and they only have 1 choice, and it's expensive). No negotiation. And from what I understand, removing the cabinets and modifying the venting after closing is a nightmare. So, we ended up backed into a corner with the old now or never choice. In the end, we went for it. I’m just a little peeved that we paid way more than we should have for what I believe is a lesser fan than we’d have bought elsewhere.

Anyways, enough complaining. We’ve made our choices and I need to stop dwelling on the frustrations, but rather getting excited about our new home. We’ve been really happy with our designer, and the staff at Richcraft have been great.

I drove by the other day and saw that they’ve got fire hydrants installed! Progress! It’s hard to tell at this point exactly where our lot will be, but I’ll be doing many drive-bys over the next few months.

Still waiting to hear who the Smartwiring contract will be with...

I’ve not yet heard from any of our neighbours on the Richcraft side of TrailsEdge (but many from the Minto side!). Wonder if we’ll be all alone out there…?
Old 2011-06-07, 02:17 PM

Default Lucy R

Well, I truly don’t think you will be alone there! People just don’t know maybe about this forum. But you will be just fine in your new home, I am pretty sure.

We are still on stage one by choosing the upgrades. We have chosen the Greenwich by Minto.
Upgrades chosen: potlights in basement, kitchen and living room, ensuite bathroom, Gaz for kitchen, upgraded furnaise, air condition…

well next and final step will come at the end of June for upgrade cabinets and countertops…

By the way, I am not sure if we will take CORIAN for Kitchen any experience or advice for this anyone?
Any neighboors of Trailsedge?

Thanks!!

Last edited by samcello; 2011-06-07 at 02:19 PM.
Old 2011-07-06, 10:07 AM
Regular User

I'm afraid I don't have experience with Corian except knowing how pricey it can be! We are going with granite, after closing.

Just started our 'colours' appointments. Fun, but definitely challenging and a tad stressful!

Word from the sales centre is that our excavation, which was supposed to begin tomorrow, will likely not happen in July because they're finalizing the services. Hopefully that has no impact on our closing date in December!

The Minto homes are looking really sharp. I love the garage doors!
Old 2011-07-06, 11:31 AM

LucyR, the Corian’s price with Minto is 2.584,00 dollars for any choice. And Granite starts à 3.000,00 dollars. We didn’t like the Granite color that is the reason we are going with Corian. We went to Mountain Granite to make our choice.
Anyway, we start choosing color and our last appointment is next Tuesday.
We are on framing stage and things seem to be on time.
Ohh and which services are they finalizing ? Yeah I hope it won't have any impact in your closing date.

Last edited by samcello; 2011-07-06 at 11:33 AM.