Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2018-06-11, 07:46 PM
Regular User

Has anyone had their design appointment yet? Any prices that anyone is able to share?
Old 2018-07-04, 01:40 PM

Does someone know who the kitchen manufacturer is?

Would it be possible to speak to them about upgrading/modifying kitchen (like adding double wall oven) after closing?
Old 2018-07-05, 11:07 AM
Regular User

Kitchen manufacturer (I'm assuming you mean the cabinet manufacturer?) is Frendel. They have a design showroom in Mississauga and you can take a full look at their product on their website:
https://www.frendel.com/
Old 2018-07-05, 11:50 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBur View Post
Does someone know who the kitchen manufacturer is?

Would it be possible to speak to them about upgrading/modifying kitchen (like adding double wall oven) after closing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
Kitchen manufacturer (I'm assuming you mean the cabinet manufacturer?) is Frendel. They have a design showroom in Mississauga and you can take a full look at their product on their website:
https://www.frendel.com/
Frendel is the kitchen contractor Aspen Ridge used here in Nobleton. The quality to put it politely leaves a lot to be desired, but in their defense its been 8 years now.. and its still functional.

Regarding doing upgrades after closing, we had changed our minds on our refrigerator after we had given them the dimensions at our kitchen appointment, therefore the upper cabinet over our fridge was the wrong height and it provided too much of a gap over the refrigerator.

It was my thought to just go after closing and purchase a new cabinet to replace it, since it was our fault the opening was wrong... nothing to do with the builder. At Frendel, I met with the rep that handles all Aspen Ridge kitchens, and he immediately was able to tell me the right size cabinet I needed, but he told me he cannot deliver it for 12 weeks (I think). It was an extended period that Frendel has in their agreement with Aspen Ridge, that they cannot supply anything related to the build for a period after closing. And he was adamant about abiding by the rules (who is going to bite the hand that feeds them). So while it took two weeks to make the cabinet, I had to wait months to receive it.

You may or may not experience the same treatment.
Old 2018-08-14, 06:27 PM
Regular User

Hi,

I'm a Realtor with RE/MAX West Realty and have been following along on various forums and have noticed there always tends to be a lot of discussion on recent sales and property values. Feel free to shoot me over any questions you may have on the real estate market and I would be more then happy to answer them. I have a depth of experience in finance, construction and real estate and know the area very well.

Thanks,

John Frank Marinucci, CFA, MFin
416-427-9206
Old 2018-11-12, 01:09 PM

Default Decor Price List

I was wondering if anybody is able to share a rough price list from a decor appointment they've had at Mattamy Summit. I have a decor booklet but it doesn't include any of the floor or kitchen stuff which seems to be the most pricey. We just bought a 40' (deer creek) scheduled for the end of next year and I'm trying to budget what the decor will run.

Specifically I'm looking for prices of: hardwood upgrade, tile upgrade, cabinet upgrades, kitchen package prices (sous, executive, grande) and baseboard upgrades.