Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2004-06-07, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Default Do you have a Rogers email address?

I have noticed that there are a few users on here with Rogers.com email addresses, presumably tied to their high-speed cable internet access.

Rogers is not the cable supplier for Milton.

If you are using an email address with them that ends in @rogers.com (example: gscott@rogers.com) you will not be able to keep it. I asked them if they offer a forwarding service for situations like this, and they do not.

This means if you have friends/family regularly corresponding to you at that email address, you should start migrating them to another email account. Because when you turn off you move and turn off your Rogers internet access, your Rogers email addresses get turned off too.

I would suggest setting up an account through Yahoo!, HotMail or mail.com. These are web based email accounts, so you can access them from anywhere just by using a web browser.

If you have any questions relating to internet services, or computers in general.. feel free to ask me.
Old 2004-06-07, 06:14 PM
Regular User

Greg, who is the provider for Milton for internet cable?
Pls advise, thanks!
Old 2004-06-07, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Cocego is the cable provider for Milton.

You can find information on them in the Milton Utilities list:

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/index.ht...utilities.html
Old 2004-08-17, 01:42 PM
Regular User

Bell High speed service should be available as well if you want an alternative to Cogeco. I have had both (currently with Bell) and I am leaning back to going with Cogeco if they can improve their Digital Cable TV offering.
Old 2006-01-15, 10:06 PM
Regular User

Just tonight my husband called Rogers (was put on hold for 45 mins) but finally got thru and was told that there is already a Rogers user on our street in Milton. ( Off Trudeau) So Rogers service is starting to expand thru the Milton area. We currently live in Toronto and use Rogers for our cable, internet, long distance and cell phone.
This is great news so we don't have to lose our current package we have with Rogers now.

We priced out Cogeco and found them a little on the pricey side however they have digital cable and you can get more channels....we have till March to figure this one out!
Old 2006-01-16, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Cable companies are regional.. Please call Rogers and confirm, because I am more than positive they do not / cannot service west of 9th line since they have no infrastructure in Milton beyond cell-phone towers.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2006-01-16, 12:34 PM
Regular User

I think I will call and confirm that today. My husband didn't seem to convinced with the sales representatives response either.
Old 2008-01-13, 11:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Cable companies are regional.. Please call Rogers and confirm, because I am more than positive they do not / cannot service west of 9th line since they have no infrastructure in Milton beyond cell-phone towers.
I would also like to add to this. The CRTC has made Cogeco the incumbent cable provider for Milton, meaning that Rogers cannot provide service without breaking the law (which itself is a violation of another law)
Old 2009-08-08, 10:06 AM
Regular User

I think Rogers does offer clients an option to keep their email address if they should leave but they charge a small fee. But still, with all the free email services out there, who would pay Rogers for that? I use my Rogers email for those times I need to provide one for signing up for something but use Gmail as my main personal email.

Close date: July 16, 2009