Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2017-11-27, 02:28 PM
Regular User

Default Price for upgrade provided when buying a new house?

Hi,

I just bought a new house. The builder can not provide a list of upgrades and price at the moment since they are reviewing everything. I don't even get to know what model of bath, faucet, doors, handles etc.. that come with the house. No idea how much upgrades will cost. They told me verbally about lot dimensions and house position but I have no documents.

I know they are probably really busy finalizing all these documents but should the builder have all these ready when selling?

Thanks
Old 2017-11-27, 04:06 PM
Regular User

Most builders do not have their upgrade packages ready until later in the process, but at the purchase stage you should have lot dimensions and what is included in your house prior to upgrades. Anything promised verbally holds no weight later on. If it's not in writing, it's not 'real'. Salespeople will often make all sorts of claims that won't be backed up later. In fact your contract will likely have a clause stating this.
Old 2017-11-29, 10:09 PM
Regular User

You should know what the standard items are. Some of the model homes should have that and you can ask the salesperson. Upgrade prices will only come later, but within a few weeks, but of course it will vary from builder to builder. Some folks may also be willing to share some prices with you from here if you specify your community and builder.