Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Technology and Electronics

Home Technology and Electronics To discuss the technology that is going into your home from planning, wiring, hardware and usage.

Old 2018-05-28, 10:46 PM
Regular User

Default DIY Home Security System

Does anyone have a recommendation for a home security system. My house is roughed in, for wired sensors on door/windows. I'd like a control panel that connects over WIFI, with smart phone accessibility. Self-monitoring, no monthly fee. Just something simple.. I can't seem to find anything that fits the bill.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2018-05-29, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Doesn't really exist.
There's cheap Chinese junk on eBay that suggests it does a lot of that, but it is just that, junk.

Traditional alarm systems such as DSC PowerSeries are great systems, but they are small microcontrollers and not overly friendly to those who have not set them up before. Youtube videos can help in some cases.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2018-05-29, 12:05 AM
Regular User

Thanks for the speedy reply, I was just looking into DSC. I'm sure its something I can handle with a little guidance. Any hardware in particular you'd recommend?