Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-12-12, 09:19 PM
Regular User

Unhappy Rogers

is an excuse for an ISP. Cancelled our services today effective December 18, I declined their "loyalty offer" since Bell gave us a better package for less and what do they do? Disconnect our internet a few moments after I got off the phone . Called them back and now we don't have internet possibly until Monday since the agent that took the call made "an error". Takes the click of a mouse to disconnect and 48 hours to reconnect! Disgraceful! Now we are stuck with dial-up. Thank God I am a student and am now definitely sticking with Bell unless they mess-up and we have to look for a new ISP.

Old 2009-12-12, 09:32 PM
Regular User

That sucks. I love Rogers for Cable and Cell Phone Service, and use Bell for internet. They are always more than fair with me. For example I was having a small issue with my HDPVR so I called them up. They asked me if I would like a tech sent over, I said sure. 45 minutes later a tech showed up, diagnosed my problem, and replaced the PVR. I was shocked. I also had an issue with the a busted up cable box on my lawn, they came and replaced it. Anytime I call they give me fantastic deals and matched anything Bell has ever offered me. I am going on my 3rd year of free PVR!
Old 2009-12-12, 09:41 PM
Regular User

sorry but they both suck and it's a shame we don't have more choices in Canada

while I know I am still technically using Bell, I've gone with Teksavvy as my Internet provider for their customer service and tech support. I haven't had a single issue with billing while previously with Bell I was riddled with miscellaneous charges popping up here and there that needed addressing every month

In any case, good luck!
Old 2009-12-12, 09:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN View Post
That sucks. I love Rogers for Cable and Cell Phone Service, and use Bell for internet. They are always more than fair with me. For example I was having a small issue with my HDPVR so I called them up. They asked me if I would like a tech sent over, I said sure. 45 minutes later a tech showed up, diagnosed my problem, and replaced the PVR. I was shocked. I also had an issue with the a busted up cable box on my lawn, they came and replaced it. Anytime I call they give me fantastic deals and matched anything Bell has ever offered me. I am going on my 3rd year of free PVR!
Interesting. My experience is opposite. I love Rogers internet, but I think Bell is better for tv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOh <3 KayKay View Post
sorry but they both suck and it's a shame we don't have more choices in Canada
True they should measure up to Dish Network. Americans have way more channels to watch then us.
Old 2009-12-12, 10:27 PM
Regular User

When we move in, gonna be using Teksavvy for Internet / home phone service, and begrudgingly Rogers for Cable, as we already own an HDPVR from them.

Don't get me started on cell phone plans, we get sooo shafted in Canada compared to the US, not even funny. Hopefully Wind Mobile can bring some competition. Luckily i'm on a good corporate plan for now.

Last edited by barryst; 2009-12-12 at 10:29 PM.
Old 2009-12-13, 02:11 AM
Regular User

Teksavvy is the best. We're with them too. Of course for the new home we'll be doing Rogers but only because it's free. Then we'll switch back to Teksavvy
Old 2009-12-14, 10:56 AM
Regular User

We moved in and went with Rogers for the 1 year free deal. What happened on our first bill? They charged us for this month and next month, and there was nothing free. The bill was enormous. Then when I called billing they shifted me to sales and then sales dropped my call... I had to explain the situation 3 times.

I think I'll give them a call today to see if it's fixed yet.
Old 2009-12-14, 08:10 PM
Regular User

Oh no! What a PITA!

We've had a good experience with our free Rogers so far. No bills, at least . There were some technical problems at the beginning, but we were the fifth house in a new fibre community, so I don't think that's too surprising nor unreasonable.

We're getting comfortable with free phone/Internet/cable--not looking forward to having to pay for these is 9 more months (GULP!!).

Soho West - Kanata

Uh...make that Trailwest...