Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2007-12-10, 09:01 PM
Regular User

Default rogers box

So we just found out we have a rogers box on our lot. Luckily we have an Oakriver corner and it's at the back left (which I suppose is technically the front since the front door is on the side of the house) Anyhow does anyone know how big these suckers are and or have a pic?
Thanks!
Old 2007-12-10, 09:02 PM
Regular User

When do you close? I've been asking if we have any "lawn ornaments" and they keep telling me that the plans haven't been finalized yet.
Old 2007-12-10, 09:35 PM
Regular User

The Rogers boxes are the green stick like boxes. If you have to have something its probably the best thing to get stuck with - although I was pretty peeved to find one on the boarder of our lot as well. One medium sized shrub and that thing will be invisible!
Old 2007-12-10, 10:08 PM
Regular User

Thanks Biggie! Maybe I'll take a drive out there to look at what it looks like on other corner lots...

Nanners - we close Sept 29,08. I just called Natasha at head office and she gave me the info.
Old 2007-12-10, 10:11 PM
Regular User

If was under the impression that all of the cable and telephone boxes are contained within the street light bases. At least in the completed areas this is the case...
Old 2007-12-11, 09:23 AM
Regular User

Both Rogers and Bell's boxes usually go side-by-side and thick shrubs are going to be needed to hide these things. I made sure that all the other houses around me have the telephone and cable lines already installed because I really don't want any temp lines running across my yard to other houses because both companies are notorious in taking a long time to bury temp lines.
Old 2007-12-11, 09:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosehill Ave! View Post
Nanners - we close Sept 29,08. I just called Natasha at head office and she gave me the info.
Yeah I've asked her last month and then a week ago and they still didin't know. I feel at this point they would know by now!
Old 2007-12-11, 10:30 AM
Regular User

Thats strange they wouldn't know because when I was in the sales office a few weeks ago when we purchased our home they showed me a site plan map which showed all the utilities around my area. You could see street lights, fire hydrant, electrical boxes and mail boxes. I don't recall the cable / phone boxes offhand though.

Moved in finally September 25th '08!!

Old 2007-12-11, 10:37 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalearm View Post
Both Rogers and Bell's boxes usually go side-by-side and thick shrubs are going to be needed to hide these things.
With Mattamy in Fairwinds, the Rogers and Bell boxes aren't visible because the equipment is hidden inside the base of the streetlight posts. The big green hydro boxes and community mailboxes can still end up on your property though. Also, I noticed along Huntmar the street lights seem to be different, so maybe they aren't hiding the bell/cable for lots directly next to Huntmar.