Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-02-20, 10:25 PM
Regular User

Default Richcraft and Urbandale Riverside South new phase relase this weekend

I just heard that Richcraft/Urbandale will release their Riverside South new phase this weekend.

The location is at corner of River Road and Earl Armstrong Road close to the Park and Ride. I think this location is better than their current phase which has hydro line across. And seems the current phase especially singles do not sell very well.

Here is the link from City of Ottawa: http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__7O4J7J
Old 2012-02-21, 03:51 PM
Regular User

[QUOTE=jyang034;217901]. And seems the current phase especially singles do not sell very well.

QUOTE]

How does it seem so? I know the towns were sold out in no time back in 2010, and singles have been sold and yet to be built in that area..
Have you seen the current phase yet?
Old 2012-02-21, 09:05 PM
Regular User

The sales lady at the sale centre told me so.

Also, I keep tracking the house (singles) sold on that phase from Richcraft's own website. Unless they updated wrong, from Sep.2011 to Feb.2012, no single was sold. And, after a full year of releasing that phase, less than 50% were sold. Townhome sold faster, but still cannot compare with the previous phases.

If you are talking about the phase in 2010, that is different story. I am talking about the current phase which was released in early 2011.
Old 2012-02-23, 07:44 AM
Regular User

I knew about this phase back in 2010 when the East of Limebank phase was released. This phase has some benfits but IMO too close to barheaven traffic & buses. I don't like busing and have no need for them. For my work location Limebank is perfect so I chose East of Limebank - also didn't want to wait as prices go up.

I belive towns prices went up 15k or so since then and my home is still not built.

As for power lines - some people care, I don't and I am atleast 200 feet away from them.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:56 PM
Regular User

I agree with you nikkers..

Plus the delays and issues from what I've heard is due to the storm water pond stench not the electrical towers. Read the paper from earlier this week and you will see that the city is on top of it to fix this problem.

Look around the city- the towers are EVERYWHERE! you may not notice since those places are developed. The current phase is going to be awesome once all said and done
Old 2012-03-04, 12:33 AM
Regular User

At this point, the hydro towers are the least of our worries. Urbandale has yet to issue permits for houses in their current phase. The reason is due to new zoning requirements imposed by the city. It would appear these zoning requirements where to apply only to the new phase but for some reason, the city decided to apply it to our phase. I would be very cautious in buying a house in the newly released phase as you will surely experience long delays. We have been delayed twice and will likely be delayed a 3rd time. We will be lucky if the house is built this year. We purchased a year ago. So, if you are willing to wait 2 years to have your house built, then urbandale is your builder!
Old 2012-03-04, 07:52 AM
Regular User

We are in Bridlewood and awaiting the new phase (I think it may open next month). We were basically told it could be as long as 18-24 months (the services aren't in yet) but we are willing to wait.
Old 2012-03-04, 04:39 PM
Regular User

That's really a good location in my opinion. Did they really release the new phase?
Old 2012-03-05, 09:04 PM

Has anyone looked at the plans in any great detail? What type of units will they have in the "high density" residential zones? Stacked Townhouses? We're thinking of buying new in "Phase 11" which is available now / recently".
Old 2012-03-12, 07:18 PM
Regular User

we spoke to lady in and she said new phase will be up in last week for March and definitely i think the new phase will be better then the old one . Much close to amenities