Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2012-04-26, 04:41 PM
jqs's Avatar
jqs jqs is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kanata
Posts: 59
Default Urbandale Kanata Lakes

My wife and I are pretty serious about grabbing one of the last lots on Katnick in Kanata Lakes.

The builder is Urbandale and the model will be 'The Burbank'.

This is our first new build and only our second house! Needless to say we are both quite excited and a little intimidated with the process at the same time.

Are there any other people here from the neighbourhood with Urbandale builds?

I've got a ton of questions before we get to our purchase agreement signing on May 5th.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2012-08-03, 01:49 PM
BurbsGuy BurbsGuy is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqs View Post
My wife and I are pretty serious about grabbing one of the last lots on Katnick in Kanata Lakes.

The builder is Urbandale and the model will be 'The Burbank'.

This is our first new build and only our second house! Needless to say we are both quite excited and a little intimidated with the process at the same time.

Are there any other people here from the neighbourhood with Urbandale builds?

I've got a ton of questions before we get to our purchase agreement signing on May 5th.

Thanks

Hey jgs,

I'm also looking at Urbandale, but in Riverside South. Since you've probably bought by now, any tips you can provide someone still looking (im look at a Berkelely Horizon).? PM me if you can

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2012-08-05, 08:30 PM
louie5461 louie5461 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: RRS Ottawa
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbsGuy View Post
Hey jgs,

I'm also looking at Urbandale, but in Riverside South. Since you've probably bought by now, any tips you can provide someone still looking (im look at a Berkelely Horizon).? PM me if you can

Thanks!

BurbsGuy,
We have recently bought a house with urbandale in RSS. You can PM us if you have any question.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2012-08-06, 01:10 PM
BurbsGuy BurbsGuy is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5461 View Post
BurbsGuy,
We have recently bought a house with urbandale in RSS. You can PM us if you have any question.

Hi Louie,

Thanks so much. I tried PM'ing you but it wouldnt go through, so I'll just add our quuestions here:

How have you found Urbandale so far?

Any big issues?

Were upgrades pricey?

How were the standard options - better then the average builder?

Did you negotiate any additional upgrade bonus?

Any other pieces of advice/things to look out for?

Thanks for all the help!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2012-08-06, 04:13 PM
louie5461 louie5461 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: RRS Ottawa
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbsGuy View Post
Hi Louie,

Thanks so much. I tried PM'ing you but it wouldnt go through, so I'll just add our quuestions here:

How have you found Urbandale so far?
We are so far happy with our purchase with urbandale. They are quite flexible with structure change, this is a plus compare to many other builder in town. The price for structure is reasonable.

Any big issues? Not yet

Were upgrades pricey? yes, but all builders do that.

How were the standard options - better then the average builder? I will say yes for that. The first floor is all hardwood floor and you have the widebaseboards as standard.


Did you negotiate any additional upgrade bonus? Yes, i got additional 5k in design bonus. But we bought a fairly big home.

Any other pieces of advice/things to look out for?
Get as much as info regarding upgrade price before you sign the purchase agreement. They have open house in design centre on sunday. You can get some ideaabout upgrading price.
Thanks for all the help!
i think you were looking to buy berkley model. If you want to take a look, there is a same model building in framing stage in RSS.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2012-08-06, 09:04 PM
BurbsGuy BurbsGuy is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5461 View Post
i think you were looking to buy berkley model. If you want to take a look, there is a same model building in framing stage in RSS.
Great info, thank you - was the standard shower stall in the ensuite all-glass or is that a substantial upgrade?

Yes, I definitely plan on walking through the current Horizon on Wildcarrot
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2012-08-06, 10:21 PM
louie5461 louie5461 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: RRS Ottawa
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbsGuy View Post
Great info, thank you - was the standard shower stall in the ensuite all-glass or is that a substantial upgrade?

Yes, I definitely plan on walking through the current Horizon on Wildcarrot
The standard shower is not all glass, they quote something like 4500 to upgrade to the nice one.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2012-08-06, 10:34 PM
BurbsGuy BurbsGuy is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5461 View Post
The standard shower is not all glass, they quote something like 4500 to upgrade to the nice one.
Wow, pricey - I wonder what credit they give for eliminating the tub
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2012-08-07, 09:34 AM
louie5461 louie5461 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: RRS Ottawa
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbsGuy View Post
Wow, pricey - I wonder what credit they give for eliminating the tub
I don't think you can eliminate the tub, you have to install a tub or upgrade to free stand Roman tub. Again, they charge you over 5K for that.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2012-08-08, 08:03 AM
jqs's Avatar
jqs jqs is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kanata
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie5461 View Post
The standard shower is not all glass, they quote something like 4500 to upgrade to the nice one.
Just did this. Was around $3800 for the shower using the wall tile version of the floor tiles we'd picked.
__________________
Urbandale Burbank -> Kizell Pond -> April 2013
Building Thread
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
kanata lakes, urbandale

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urbandale Horizon Towns in Kanata Lakes Wildwood Ottawa 0 2010-12-03 10:33 AM
Urbandale Bridlewood or Kanata lakes? momof4 Ottawa 17 2010-06-28 11:08 PM
Urbandale - Kanata Lakes home2010 Ottawa 4 2010-06-26 06:28 PM
Urbandale at Kanata Lakes mail4mz Ottawa 1 2008-09-13 05:21 PM
Urbandale and Richcraft on Kanata Lakes M&H Ottawa 10 2008-05-06 03:26 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.