Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2015-06-03, 02:31 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnutcmatt View Post
thank you all, this is such an amazing forum... I get quick responses here ... Way faster than builder...
I guess , we will buy all appliances from outside and put all 30 k towards the upgrades. Yes for 5 bedrooms and 9 ft ceiling we have to pay at sales centre.
I'm not sure about how much they will charge for the hardwood on main floor , by research and looking at the size of walnut layout , I believe @10k.
Here are some prices , I was able to fetch from Internet search( these can be totally off)

Ac @5k
Potlights @250/300 per light.
Underpads for carpet and the carpet itself @2.5 k
Stone around fireplace @1.5k
Hardwood on main floor @10k
Double sink 1.2 k
Glass shower enclosure 2.2k

I was not able to find price for
level 2 paints
Additional gas, electric and media points
upgraded kitchen cabinets
Not sure if they give central vacuum rough ins
Also no idea about how is their standard granite ...

So 30 k can't stand long for basic upgrades of walnut c. I believe The premium for lot 150 is 7.5 or 10 k. And for lot149 25 k. The houses will have lookout basement.

Lots of math to do.. I hope these houses atleast hold their current values in future... I was surprised when the designer in the design centre was asking what did you get in your deals .. Apparently everybody have some kind of unique deals ... Like hardwood , granite etc

Thanks again

Regards
If you're spending that much money, might also be an idea to go next door to Tartan and see what they have to offer for the same size. They have bigger lots as well I see. 45' instead of 43' at Mattamy, and also a true 102' depth....

Could be worth the look.