Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-02-06, 12:37 PM
Regular User

Default Decent interior/cabinet/trim carpenter?

Thinking about improving our mud room bench/storage - builder did something really basic and too small. Hoping to improve function and add a bit of style. Also considering adding a couple of other built-ins around the house.

Does anyone have experience of a decent carpenter they'd recommend? I probably can't afford to go mega-high-end with one of the kitchen/cabinetry companies but at the same time I'm hoping to avoid the MDF-held-together-with-caulking rubbish I see. Somewhere in the middle would be good.

Thanks in advance
Old 2014-02-06, 12:38 PM
Regular User

Oh, they also ideally need to be someone with a bit of a style/design eye as I only know what I like once I see it, although I could probably point to plenty of Houzz pictures to help!
Old 2014-02-11, 12:06 AM
Regular User

Bump! Anyone?
Old 2014-02-11, 07:16 AM
Regular User

There is a cabinet guy in Richmond who made mdw a custom desk. . He can make anything. Woodturners I think.
Old 2014-02-12, 02:15 PM
Regular User

Norm Deslandes @ Aspen Construction

Top notch work and reasonably priced. He did ours and our neighbours basement and we are very happy. He has also done their fireplace surround, crown moulding, etc. He is a great carpenter with fantastic attention to detail and wanted to make sure we were happy with everything before we paid.

613 290 8963