Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2015-05-27, 09:08 PM
Regular User

Ran by today - they have gravel down for the Rosehill extension. All the fire hydrants and sewers and water shutoffs are in... started adding gravel for the side streets, too. Good stuff!
Old 2015-05-28, 01:48 PM
Regular User

Got a Mattamy U invite today for June 17th .... very interested to go to this any get any updates / information on the neighborhood.
Old 2015-06-02, 08:54 AM

We are in process of finalizing lot 150 for walnut c elevation. Yesterday I was trying to do some research on mattamy homes fairwinds and found lots of negative about poor quality material and postponing closing dates. One of my friend live in fairwinds for last 2 years and he is still waiting for some of items mention in the PDI to complete. I'm little confused , I believe there was problem in their initial phases at the fairwinds and HMB but now they are doing good. I will appreciate your inputs. We love the walnut c elevation layout.
After reading their reviews online I'm confused to go ahead or not .Thank You.
Old 2015-06-02, 10:02 AM
Regular User

I also heard a lot of negativity, but I think that was for the earlier phases. We are on our second closing date which is Nov 2015. After meeting with the construction crew, I was advised that there should not be any further delays.

I've been happy with the service that I've received with Mattamy so far.

Last edited by Pandrusyk; 2015-06-09 at 01:16 PM.
Old 2015-06-02, 10:31 AM
Regular User

You'll be able to find negative feedback on even the best builders out there.

Mattamy builds very quickly, as per other board members on here. That's a recipe for deficiencies. I don't know about their building materials though. I know two people who bought with Mattamy in two different communities. They've both had long lists of deficiencies and are in a similar situation to the person you know waiting on multiple items to be corrected after lengthy periods of time. Could just be coincidence though.

Old 2015-06-02, 10:37 AM
Regular User

We are lot 195, also Walnut C and closing Nov 2015. I have seen all the negative for early phases of Fairwinds .... due to delays mainly. My opinion is there is more negative than good as most people don't post good feedback online, and the negative feedback tends to be a lot louder. A family member just went through a build in Monahan Landing. Exactly what I would have expected, lots of deficiencies at closing but Mattamy resolved these issues in a timely manner.
Old 2015-06-02, 12:39 PM
Regular User

Rosehill (and I think some of the side streets) is now paved.
Old 2015-06-02, 01:24 PM

Pandrusyk - I am very surprised to hear you were told no further delays. We also bought in Fairwinds West and were supposed to close in July 2015, then we were delayed until November but were told that was highly tentative. We have had so much difficulty getting straight answers out of Mattamy - tons of emails and phone calls that have gone unanswered - but the latest we were told is that it would probably be February 2016 but maybe even later.

The whole thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth - I feel like they originally sold us on a closing date that they had no intention of making. We asked flat out when we bought if they expected any delays and were given a resounding no but obviously that was a lie. Now we are in limbo and can't get a straight answer on when we can actually expect to move in. I feel like this is Fairwinds Phase 5 all over again and they don't seem to care.
Old 2015-06-02, 02:37 PM
Regular User

Ahh that scares me FWest15. I specifically asked the construction crew and I was told that the September closing date would likely be delayed, but for the November 2015 date, we should be on track. Not sure what to think. My husband's first home was with Claridge and was delayed almost 2 years, so he's skeptical. I'm trying to remain positive!

It seems that the infrastructure is complete now so they should be on track. Does anyone know if we'll be advised as to when they will actually start building our homes?
Old 2015-06-02, 03:25 PM
Regular User

Not good to rely on info from the construction crew. They are just a subcontractor and certainly can not speak for the builder.