Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Brampton

Brampton For residents of and soon to be residents of Brampton. Mattamy, Paradise, Skyhomes, Cachet, Townwood, Remington, Royal Park, Northstar, Ashley Oaks, Regal Crest, Rosehaven, Royal Pine, Eden Oak, Medallion, Castlestone and more.

Old 2007-01-08, 10:41 AM
Regular User

Question Mattamy Hardwood Prices

Just curious if anyone has upgraded to hardwood through Mattamy? I'm trying to find some approximate pricing for my upgrade budget. We were told to estimate about 3k to 4k for stairs (more if you have a landing and if you do Maple) and approximately $12-$14 per square foot per room. I was at the design centre on the weekend and was told that Mattamy has a cost comparision sheet thats shows their is little savings if you do the floors after closing.

If anyone has any info on that it would be much appreciated

Old 2007-01-08, 11:00 AM
Regular User

I can't imagine what kind of savings you could have on the floors. Maybe on the stairs because it would take a lot more work to rip the carpet off the stairs and put hardwood considering you would have to manouver around the rails. So the stairs maybe a good upgrade but I think you can get the floors done for cheaper.
Old 2007-01-08, 11:14 AM
Regular User

Yeah, we will be doing the stairs through the builder and planned on doing the floors afterwards, but when the consultant at the design centre mentioned about the "little difference", it made me curious. You can't blame me for hoping Mattamy is offering an upgrade at a reasonable price :-)

Old 2007-01-08, 11:38 AM
Regular User

Thanks for the info 2ndMattamy.
Old 2007-01-09, 09:13 AM
Regular User

Hello 2nd Mattamy,

I got the Maple Stairs through Mattamy. Upgrading the stairs to hardwood is a must but the rest of house can wait. You can get the same brand hardwood (Bruce/Mirage) installed for $7-10 at other hardwood stores for a savings of $300 to $800 per room. I think that is a "HUGE DIFFERENCE"!!! $3K-$4K is correct for the stairs. We are getting quotes to do my moms stairs right now and it will cost another thousand to do it.

Old 2007-01-10, 12:44 PM
Regular User

Thanks for that info. We are doing the maple stairs also with the carpet runner. After some casual number crunching we've decided to do it after closing. It will be very inconvenient but cheaper in the long run.

Old 2007-01-10, 12:46 PM
Regular User

2nd Mattamy,

Did you get a quote to get it done? I wouldn't mind hearing about that because I also want to do the same thing as you after closing.
Old 2007-01-10, 01:24 PM
Regular User

Hi Jellybeank,

No quotes as of yet. I'm still waiting to get my prices of Mattamy so I can ensure I'm comparing apples to apples when getting the quotes. Right now I'm reading and researching @ www.bruce.com and www.bramptonhardwood.com.

I'm obsessed with upgrades!!

Old 2007-01-11, 11:12 AM
Regular User

I was planning on going with Brampton Hardwood. They seem to have some good prices and good sales. I'm also considering Empire. I don't know what their prices are yet because they won't tell you unless you book an appointment for them to come into your home. They claim the have wholesale prices.
Old 2007-01-11, 11:46 AM
Regular User

jellybeank- I have found Brampton Hardwood to be the cheapest so far. I was told only $1.85 for installation.