Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-07-14, 09:06 AM
Regular User

Default Hot water coming out of exterior hose

Had a warranty service appointment yesterday during which my exterior hose bib was moved from the left side of the house at the back, to the back of the house on the right.

Turned it on briefly after work yesterday and thought the water coming out of it felt warm because the hose had been sitting out in the sun for the day.

But this morning, when I went out to turn on the sprinkler for the back yard, I realized hot water is coming out of it.

Is mixing up lines that easy a mistake to make, and would it be considered an "emergency" (ie contact their after hours emergency support) or should I just leave a message with them and hope they get back to me as soon as possible on Monday?
Old 2012-07-14, 10:00 AM
Regular User

A rookie mistake and wouldn't meet emergency parameters imo.

Do you have new sod - that makes it a little more critical.
Old 2012-07-14, 01:46 PM
Regular User

The sod was laid about five weeks ago, last watered Wednesday morning.